Solved

Default filter option for timeline

• 21 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

By Default “Timeline” shows all the activity for all the CSMs. Is there a way by which the filter can be made persistent so that the timeline defaults based on their filter? Or even an admin settings to set default filer to current user?

icon

Best answer by jean.nairon 25 August 2020, 17:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Desikan_N - that’s a really good use case. I’ve run into the same challenge with multiple CS teams. There is unfortunately no way to solve for this today in the Timeline. You can create a report for timeline activities, filter the data, and add it to the C360 or a dashboard. So for example, if you have a specific type of activity that is really important (ex: CSQLs), you can create a separate report for just these but this is just a workaround while Gainsight works on a better solution.  

There are a couple product ideas already open for this that show as planned. Please come vote them up and hopefully the Gainsight team will get them completed. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@sroma I know we talked about this as well - to filter by default by the CSM/PSM (or current viewer) when they visit the Global Timeline. Seems so simple!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@jean.nairon  - would be great to give the admin the ability to set a default filter for the users…. very much like we can for dashboards. While we can do it in dashboards, it’s much more natural for the user to go to their global timeline. I can’t imagine any organization that would want their CSMs to see all users timeline activities by default.

please consider this! Seems pretty easy to do as it already exists In dashboards.

thanks!

alex

We have over 50+ Gainsight users setting this Timeline Filtered view individually at the moment:

Would be great to have it as an option that’s similar to Dashboard views.