Question

Bulk updates in Gainsight Timeline in near future?

• 18 October 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Would it be possible to do bulk updates in Gainsight Timeline? Say I wanted to put in a timeline entry for all of the accounts at the same time, can this be done in near future?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Ankur,

There are some existing related posts, such as this one about using rules to load to Timeline, or this one about syncing between SFDC and Timeline. If you have a different method in mind, please feel free to share more details. I don't have an eta on either of those items, but as you can see, they're popular ideas among the Community.

Badge +3
I just posted about this shedding a lot more light on what we are looking for and the use case for our ORG. Let me know if you want me to link it :)

Badge +1
We Definitely need this feature introduced where we can bulk insert/update Timeline Activities.

This would be a game changer for CSMs with large acct loads. Hope this enhancement is on the near-term roadmap.

This would be particularly useful for my team too!

I am assuming that you want to post the same content for multiple customers? Would it work if a single activity is linked to multiple accounts say you had a webinar and want to attach the webinar notes to all the customers who attended it. OR would you want to duplicate the content for each customer?

This is a needed feature.  In our current use case we are doing an account leveling campaign where we are reassigning 100+ accounts and I would like to note, but in greater detail, “accounts transitioned as a part of “x” initiative effective xx/xx/xx.”

Any update on this? I still see the Idea as “open” but is been 5+ years.