Solved

Attachment Fail Email with Gainsight Outlook Plugin

• 10 November 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Our CSMs are loving the new Gainsight Outlook Plug-in! One feedback I have received from a few folks is the noisiness of the email they received when Gainsight cannot post an attachment.  Usually the attachment is either a screenshot or the logo on their signature.  

Has anyone else been experiencing this? 

Below is the sample of the email the CSMs receive when the attachment does not post

icon

Best answer by sandeep_kumar 14 November 2020, 04:14

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@andorfuhrer Happy to hear that you love the new Gainsight Outlook Plug-in! 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, I will do a check on the attachment issue and get back to you. 

Badge

@andorfuhrer This is happening with all the emails or randomly for a few emails?

We support only 5 attachments from plug-in and the total upload size should be within 25MB. Please check if there are no extra images are added as part of the signature/email footer because eventually those will also be counted as attachments.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

thanks for the update @sandeep_kumar  - just so that im clear and can relay this back to the team.  if an email has more than 5 attachments and/or the attachments exceed 25MB, then this will cause the email that the CSMs are sometimes getting?  

Badge

Yes, that's correct!

Badge

I’ve been told my users that the attachment size limit includes social media icons. Is there a workaround for this?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@sandeep_kumar  - is there a workaround for the social media icons to not count as an attachment? That is a big barrier to us. 

Alex

Userlevel 4

@Erseburse  Let me check this and get back to you with an update.

Badge

@Erseburse Unfortunately we don’t have any workaround as of now. 

It seems like there’s a ton of clients having this issue. This seems to be more than an issue w/ attaching 25 MB.

This is happening when I’m linking clients to additional resources, like external help articles. I’m not necessarily even including screenshots. Nothing I’m sending is over 25 MB. I even experience this issue and I’ve stopped hyperlinking help articles and just send clients a help link.