Solved

What Happens to Salesforce Objects when Using Survey 2.0 & NPS 2.0?

• 30 July 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge
I'm posting this question here to get more feedback from the community.

We've recently began using Survey 2.0 and NPS 2.0. While working on reports we noticed that the survey and NPS responses were being stored on MDA objects listed HERE, and not being stored on the original Gainsight objects in Salesforce anymore. When using the 1.0 feature, the responses would be stored in the objects listed below:

• NPS Text Analytics
    (from Gainsight CSM
    package)

• NPSSurvey Response (from Gainsight CSM
    package)

• Survey Question
    (from Gainsight CSM
    package)

• Survey Text Analytics
    (from Gainsight CSM
    package)

• Survey User Answer (from Gainsight CSM
    package)

This is a problem for us because we have Salesforce workflow rules that use those objects to grab NPS scores and submissions and posts them

on an internal system. Now that we've started using the 2.0 features, the workflow rules aren't pulling any more data. I've tried creating a rule the pulls from the MDA objects and loads onto the 1.0 objects but I'm unable to access the 1.0 objects. Now we're missing a part of our process because of this transition.

Is anyone else running into this issue?

How have your transitions been to Survey 2.0 and NPS 2.0?

Is there a way to fix this issue?

Am I missing something?

Is this going to be a common issue if we ever decide to upgrade to Gainsight NXT? Will all the Gainsight objects installed in SFDC become obsolete?

icon

Best answer by john_apple 22 October 2019, 19:48

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
@faust_belarmino All the objects should be visible, we haven't blocked any objects.

Could you please list the objects which are not visible for you.

Badge
Hi @sai_ram_pulluri - We would like to load MDA data to these objects but from what I understand they're locked down and we can't load onto these objects:

• NPS Text Analytics (from Gainsight CSM package)

• NPSSurvey Response (from Gainsight CSM package)

• Survey Question (from Gainsight CSM package)

• Survey Text Analytics (from Gainsight CSM package)

• Survey User Answer (from Gainsight CSM package)

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

We are working on resolving this limitation by creating a Custom SFDC Object with identical schema to the NPS Survey Response MDA object and then using Rules Engine to populate records.

Hi,

I am looking for the same functionality. Would appreciate to know when this is implemented.

Thank you,

Anthony 

Badge

We are working on resolving this limitation by creating a Custom SFDC Object with identical schema to the NPS Survey Response MDA object and then using Rules Engine to populate records.

Hi @john_apple - Thanks for your reply! Any updates on this?

Badge

Hi @faust_belarmino ,

This is a problem for us because we have Salesforce workflow rules that use those objects to grab NPS scores and submissions and posts them

Yes, you are correct in your understanding that the Survey 2.0 MDA objects aren’t available in the Rules UI. This is expected by-design as these objects are Gainsight system objects (unlike the SFDC custom objects).

What alternative do you have?
Well, we do have another MDA object handy for you called Survey 2.0 flattened object. This MDA object holds answers to all questions in a survey for each survey participant who responded. You can build rules on top of this object. Perhaps, try to mimic what you did with the SFDC rules (albeit on a different structure). There is a unique survey flattened object created per survey. This object is a Gainsight custom object and hence can be used in Rules.

Do let me know if above suggestion helps. What other challenges do you face while spinning rules on this flattened object?

Badge +2

I have a similar issue: I need to sync Survey 2.0 records back to the SFDC survey object, what is the best way to do this? I’m guessing create a rule to load the flattened survey object records to the SFDC object Survey Feedback?