Unable to stop partial responses from coming in.

• 27 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi Team,

Customer is looking for stopping partial responses from coming in. They wish to have only those responses where the customer submits the survey. As of now, as soon as the partial time is over, response is converted into Submitted.

Customer Update:

When creating a new survey Partial Completion date is a required field and from the documentation I understood that we have to give receivers a time while they can finish their survey and submit it to us or it is just going to submit on their behalf as partial completed.
I was wondering if there is any way to avoid that, receiving partial completed NPS surveys. Currently we don't count NPS partial completed surveys with the tool that we are using, and we would like to keep it this way.
Is there any way in Gainsight not to receive partial submitted NPS surveys from our customers?

I had suggested to do the following:

• Uncheck the Allow Auto Save Answers box.
  • Keep the partial completion column as blank.

https://share.getcloudapp.com/z8u18BjJ

However, as we know partial completion column can not be left blank. Could you please share you insights if there is a way to achieve it?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @sahil_nazir, thank you for posting on Community. Passing this along to our Product Manager to be looked into and circle back to you with an answer.

Hi @sahil_nazir, the auto-save toggle is meant to turn of auto saving of partial responses. Please bear in mind however, that for an existing survey, turning off auto-save does not delete the previously auto-saved partial responses. The change takes effect from that point in time forward.

After turning the auto-save toggle off, you can leave the ‘partial completion’ text box as is. The value in the box will be ignored. Thanks for bringing this up however, we will fix the experience in the coming days.

Badge

Hi @richa_bala,  thank you for your response. We are just building our first NPS Survey, from your comment I understand that if we turn auto-save off then we will not be receiving partial completed surveys. Our survey is suppose to go out in January 2022, so if there will be a fix/enchantment on this  soon we can edit before activating our survey.