Question

Surveys - Closed Loop Tracking

• 28 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi

Can anyone share some examples or thoughts please on how best to report in Gainsight on a closed loop process - for learning purposes, internal improvements etc? 

As an example:

A transactional survey goes out, low CES/NPS triggers a risk CTA which is part of the JO program. CTA is classed as Reason=Detractor Response. This CTA is then handled by a CSM, all follow-ups are tracked in this CTA via task and timelines. Once a satisfactory resolution is reached, this CTA is marked as Closed. 

We have 1 relationship survey (bi-anual) and 7 transactional surveys running concurrently. How can we, customer health department, best track the results of actions taken, on which feedback from which survey - at least top line? 

Thanks 

Katerina 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Could you use milestones?  So, write a rule to compare the survey score from the last survey to the most recent survey, and then, create a milestone if the score improved?  You could add in criteria for a CTA being closed as well.  Maybe a separate one for each survey?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@katerina_nemcova, I was going to suggest a separate object to pull in all the details. Similar to what @heather_hansen mentioned but instead of using a Milestone, this would use a new object in the MDA to track the full results of surveys and CTAs. 

Either way, you will likely need to build a bionic rule to pull all the details in together and load it to the new object. Alternatively you might be able to build a report in Data Designer that achieves everything. But I’m not sure you will be able to pull in all the objects. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@katerina_nemcova did the comments posted by @jean.nairon  help you?

@jean.nairon Thanks for your suggestions!

Badge +1

HI @sai_ram 

As NPS/SAT Surveys are such a bit part of customer health, I was hoping for a more “simpler” way to track the actions - the type of action taken etc - after all, it’s the actions taken on (whatever) feedback that make the difference.  Very similar to how CTAs work but with the extended functionality of survey scores and actions taken, with some custom drop-down selections.

As a simple example,  a customer gives a score of 3 to onboarding survey. CSM dealing with this identified the problem is related to lack of value perceived in our tools so they log the ISSUE as = no value/ROI, (drop down selection would be  helpful here). There may be a lot of timeline entries before this is solved, but the key here is to know that issue = no value/ROI,  required 2 ACTIONS (new reports created for customer + training, via another picklist) to successfully recover the detractor.  Then you’ll have another field where you track the OUTCOME - was the customer appeased after the resolution or not? Not all actions will lead to recovery, as not all actions taken on promoter feedback will lead to sell/activating word of mouth. Being able to track all this - delve deep into customer issues, performing root cause analysis, track resolution, spot trends - this aggregated across all surveys would provide such invaluable insights.

I admit I’m not too familiar with milestones (for some reason we don’t use them…!), will read up on it to see if we could build something.  I know we could create a custom CTA for this purpose but wondered if there was another/better way people were using.