Question

Survey Ratings Scale Visualization

• 4 November 2016
  • 8 replies

As a survey taker, I love surveys that are simple for me to interact with. As a survey designer, I try to ensure my surveys are easy for my respondents to interact with. Stylistically, I want to ensure that similar questions (e.g. 0-10 ratings scales) look the same and can be answered similarly and easily.

Trouble is, within Gainsight, I don't seem to be able to do this!

• We have a beautiful NPS Question with a nice horizontal 0-10 Likely Scale which the respondent can see without having to do anything and can answer with one click. But I can only use that presentation for an NPS question.
  • We have a Matrix Question which works for a group of questions (e.g. 0-10 Sat around a similar topic) and this has the same horizontal presentation, which the respondent can see without having to do anything and can answer with one click. But the matrix does not work for stand alone 0-10 Sat Questions
  • We have a standard single-select Drop-Down, where I can built a 0-10 Sat Scale, but now I've swapped to a vertical response type, where the respondent also has to now click twice (to open the dropdown, scroll and select their response). 
What I end up with is a mish-mash of styles that makes me feel sad!

Please, please, please.... can I have the nice styling & layout of the 1st (NPS Question) for any standalone scale/ratings questions that I'd like to use in my survey?

8 replies

Badge +3
This is really helpful feedback.  Thanks very much, Andy. 
+1 For multiple choice question (and any other originally vertical layout questions) a switch Vertical/Horizontal layout would be highly appreciated
Badge
Is there any update here?

Is it possible to just have the option change the star rating question from stars to numbers?
I agree that it would be helpful to be able to create a rating-style question.
A rating style question is applicable in so many surveys; adding the option for more than just the NPS question would be extremely helpful.   Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Whitney & Kara,

Are you wanting a rating question type where you can configure the answer options? We have the star rating question type, but it sounds like that isn't flexible enough for you?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi all, we recently released Surveys 2.0 in beta mode. With Surveys 2.0 you can create a multiple choice question, select the control type of Radio and layout of Horizontal to mimic the NPS format. 

More info here: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Surveys_and_NPS/Surveys_2.0/Survey_2.0_Design#Mu...

one note - there currently is a known issue where when you select the horizontal layout, it shows it as vertical instead. This will be fixed in an upcoming release and will be working before we exit Surveys 2.0 from beta status.
Yes - would be nice to allow for numeric values instead of stars.