Solved

Survey Question Comment Character Limit

• 26 November 2018
  • 7 replies

Hey, curious if anyone knows the character limit for comments when answering a survey question?

icon

Best answer by lila_meyer 27 November 2018, 20:02

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Nathanael,

Are you using Survey 2.0? It depends on whether you select a short text or long text question type. The limits are listed here.

Hey Lila,

No, we haven't switched yet - still using Surveys 1.0. I was mainly inquiring about the Comments section that can enabled/disabled for a given survey question.

Userlevel 2
Badge
If it's an NPS Comment, it looks like a Long Text Area (4096 char). I'm on Survey 2.0 and am not sure how it differs from your 1.0, but on the Survey User Answer object I see an "Answer Text" field which allows 15000 char. If I'm looking in the wrong place, then I'm curious to find out where those comments are kept. :)

Thanks, I'm trying to fill back survey data when a case gets closed so I've gone the substring route for when anyone leaves an especially long comment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks for the additional details, Nathanael! I'll check with our product team and let you know what I found out about Survey 1.0 questions that use the allow comments option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I heard back from product that Comments can have 4,000 characters.

Awesome. Thank you!