Solved

Survey 2.0 Internal Handoff from sales to CSM

I am working on creating an internal handoff survey that would go to the Account Exec on the account upon an account closing.

Do I need to make this a transactional survey?

icon

Best answer by heather_hansen 5 January 2021, 20:08

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@andreammelde is the tech savvy on survey

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@meenal_shukla, @seth, @gunjanm, @kelly, @john_apple, @heather_hansen, @cmultanen  and @jean.nairon request you to leave your recommendation here.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@techtouchtam  what do you mean by transactional survey? Do you mean the Journey Orchestrator program type is operational or marketing?

If you do Operational, you will be limited to 5,000 email sends. I would recommend using Marketing, but create an opt out that is internal with a specific opt out page for internal users. You can always manually opt internal back in. Using the program, you can make the send email be from the person handing off to the account team, as well as the response in case they have questions

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Can you explain more what you are trying to accomplish? Is it a CSM that completes the hand-off survey, and you want to results to go to the account exec? Will the CSM receive the email that contains the survey?

@techtouchtam  what do you mean by transactional survey? Do you mean the Journey Orchestrator program type is operational or marketing?

If you do Operational, you will be limited to 5,000 email sends. I would recommend using Marketing, but create an opt out that is internal with a specific opt out page for internal users. You can always manually opt internal back in. Using the program, you can make the send email be from the person handing off to the account team, as well as the response in case they have questions

@andreammelde So When creating the survey it has a transactional (event based) selection. I think I have found that I do not need this to be selected.

I will be using the Survey in a program, and think I have that part setup as well. My main lingering question is when the Internal Account Exec Fills out the survey, associated with the account, will it appear in the “Survey” Tab on the C360 page under survey responses, since it is not a CSAT or NPS?

Can you explain more what you are trying to accomplish? Is it a CSM that completes the hand-off survey, and you want to results to go to the account exec? Will the CSM receive the email that contains the survey?

@kelly The goal is to send the Pre-sales Account exec a survey that will provide the post sales CSM the information they need to have a successful kickoff with the customer.

Ideally the survey results would be available in the C360 page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@techtouchtam Yes, it should still show up in the Survey section under Survey Responses.  For example, we have a survey that we send post Onboarding, and the results for that survey show up.  Clicking on the eyeball let’s you see the response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I actually implemented this for a client about a year ago. What @heather_hansen outlined is exactly what we did. We also emailed key highlights from the Survey Response to the CSM and provided a link directly to the response within the JO. 

End Proctoring-

Thank you all for your help on this!

One final question @gunjanm how did you tokenize (assuming this was the approach) the Survey link? Is that on the Survey Object? Would I have to use a second program to then pull this in?

My initial thought was to include an “AE has completed the survey” email to the CSM after the survey is complete. This was included in the Survey Program….is it possible to get that link tokenized inside the same program?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@techtouchtam  That field is actually automatically tokenized for you for an email that is sent after a survey is filled in. You should include in your template the word to be tokenized, and then when you map in the program step. If you search “Survey” in the mapping, you will see the other auto tokenized values you can use. 

The value token you should use is “Survey Response Page URL”.

@andreammelde Thank you! really appreciate the response from the community helping me through this one!

The More You know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@techtouchtam  That field is actually automatically tokenized for you for an email that is sent after a survey is filled in. You should include in your template the word to be tokenized, and then when you map in the program step. If you search “Survey” in the mapping, you will see the other auto tokenized values you can use. 

The value token you should use is “Survey Response Page URL”.

You can also use these in CTAs! To keep email noise a little quieter ;) 

Badge

@heather_hansen We want to send the same kind of survey to customers once they’ve finished onboarding. Do you (or anyone) know of an article/post on how to set up the program so when our field called Account Stage changes from Onboarding to run state the survey is triggered?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@aaronhatton may have some cool ideas here.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Rather overthought response:
if it’s an event based survey, there are two events that I would want to see tracked: Stage transition from onboarding -> live (in GonG’s case, stage 4-5)… This could be accomplished by a few fields: Last Stage Change Date ; Go-Live Date (probably a custom field) . The other fields I would want to track would be something like Initial CSM Assigned Date (could be a custom field linked with CSM Name that would be populated once, then locked.) If that was also combined with a field that tracked the Onboarding POC you would have a linear progression of who handled onboarding and who the new CSM was (and this would be in gainsight and not something you’d have to dredge up from SFDC or something like that).

To me having info like that would simplify the audience build on the survey program, but it would take some work, and you’d probably have to have a rule/rule chain to look for late stage onboarding/ onboarding -> CSM transitions to populate those fields. This is probably more than most people would want to do though. 

I like Gunjan’s mention of using a CTA to help with this AE/onboarding  -> CSM transition - this wouldn’t have to be JO based CTA, you could probably use a rule here too. The conditions would be to look for accounts that recently moved from onboarding -> go live (i.e initial CSM Assigned date, csm id, name, email != null) , then check AO Email for confirmed AE/onboarding survey responses (main filters would be Advanced Outreach Name or Survey Name = your program/survey name), Survey Response URL != Null, Survey Response Date = Yesterday, or within last 5-7 days (your choice based on rule schedule interval.) Pull the Survey response URL/score from AO Emails, and create a CTA that would be assigned to the new CSM. I recommend using the CTA notes to essentially copy what an email would accomplish (tokenize the heck out of it with relevant info.. it could almost mimic the email example provided above).

If you wanted to add a playbook, it could have an assorted “to-do” list of discovery tasks; things like : schedule a meeting with Onboarding poc/AE to recap, confirm core contacts (have CSM double check C360 to ensure those main contacts are available and fully populated on People Maps) and any other housekeeping tasks - if done right, it could be an official, recorded account turnover.  Again… this is probably WAY more than anybody would want to do but it might help provide additional context on top of the info provided in the survey.