Solved

Stamping Role of Person at the point of survey response?

• 6 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We are looking to move our product NPS in to Gainsight (using a program via JO in CS, but sent via an in-app engagement in PX) 

What I’m wondering is if the Role of the respondent (or indeed any other data) is always “live” or stamped at the point of the response - I’m specifically talking about in the NPS Survey Response object. 

We like to view our NPS by two different types of users, but we would want to know what they were at the time of their score (as it’s possible they could move between the two later on, or indeed no longer be a user and therefore have a null role). Does that already happen or how could we achieve it? 

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I checked the object and it seems Role is just a string, so follow-up question - does that automatically get filled in (and, I assume, pull from the role of the person at the time they take the survey) or do we need to specifically write to it somehow?

icon

Best answer by john_apple 7 October 2020, 18:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

The NPS Survey Response object has a join to Company Person which has the Role Field.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@john_apple thanks for the reply, but this means it will be the role of the person at the time that the report is viewed, whereas I want to capture the role at the time that the response is provided. 

I saw there is a “Role” field on the NPS Survey Response object which is just a string, does this get populated automatically or can we write to it somehow on survey completion?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I believe that is populated when an association is made to a Company Person via the participant mapping, so it will be whatever the current Role value is on the Company Person record.

Are  you asking for Role as part of the survey and updating it shortly after the survey? Is so, then a rule would need to take the value provided in the survey and update the associated Company Record. The survey or JO can’t automatically change values to any other object records in Gainsight.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I believe that is populated when an association is made to a Company Person via the participant mapping, so it will be whatever the current Role value is on the Company Person record.

That’s exactly what I’m looking for, thank you!