Solved

Multiple Choice Questions limited to 15 option fields

• 2 December 2015
  • 2 replies

I have a question on a survey that I am creating which asks about what other kinds of technologies they have heard of in the market place.  I have a list of 19 options + 'Other Please specify' to enter as choices.  However I reach 15 and I cannot add a new line.  Are multiple choice questions limited to 15 options?  If so are there any plans to change this to increase the number of fields that can be entered?
icon

Best answer by praneet 7 December 2015, 20:27

View original

2 replies

Hi Claudia,

Thanks for reaching out. We currently provide limit to 15 options for a multiple choice question, however, there is a workaround for showing more fields that you have. You can provide question branching where your 15th option is Show More and on selecting that  option the user can see another question that has the rest of your 5 choices to the same question.

These are essentially  two different questions, linked by Answer branching.

You can refer to my screenshot below.

Hi Praneet - interesting workaround but I must admit it would be far simpler to just increase the field limit!  After all with a multiple select question to point of the question is to try and include all options.  I shall have a play with this and see how well it flows. Thanks again!