How to calculate CSAT satisfaction score %

Related products: None

Hi Community! 

I’m looking to move our CSAT surveys to be sent through Gainsight. Gainsight is great at reporting the score responses (1-5), but I’m struggling to be able to calculate the Satisfaction Score %. 

Satisfactions Score % = # of satisfied responses (score = 4 or 5) / # of total responses

I can get static scores by using Data Designer; however, that’s not scalable, particularly if we want to view the data by..

• CS Segment
  • CSM
  • Quarter
  • Changes over time
  • Etc.

Has anyone else found a good way to calculate and view this data in Gainsight? 

Hi Carolyn,

Can you not use Bionic rules to create a calculated field “Satisfaction Score %” ? 

Katerina 

@Carolyn, You could use a bionic rule to calculate the Satisfaction Score per account. Through a bionic rule, you could do the calculation and load it to the Company object. Since it is a percentage, you won’t be able to aggregate it to the other levels you are looking for (CS Segment, CSM, Quarter, Changes over Time).

If you keep track of the numerator and denominator on Company object (the total number of responses and the total number of satisfied responses) , you could use a formula field in a report to show the percentages.  Here’s how to create a formula field on reports: 

SFDC Version Instructions

Nxt Version Instructions

Hope this helps.

Thank you @jean.nairon ! I may try that. In the short term, we are populating the survey into a SFDC object and using a Summary Formula field in SFDC reporting. Would rather keep everything in Gainsight, however.

@Carolyn We are introducing CSAT as a question type in Surveys 2.0 similar to NPS and the calculation is exactly how you have mentioned above. Meanwhile the solution provided @jean.nairon will solve your use case.

@vikram, is there going to be a way to aggregate CSAT per customer segments or what’s listed above? I’m curious if we will be easily able to add up all the surveys by any data slice?

@vikram That sounds almost too good to be true! :heart_eyes:

Is there any expected timeframe for when that may be released?

@Carolyn This will be released by October, 2020 timeframe

Hi Community! 

I’m looking to move our CSAT surveys to be sent through Gainsight. Gainsight is great at reporting the score responses (1-5), but I’m struggling to be able to calculate the Satisfaction Score %. 

Satisfactions Score % = # of satisfied responses (score = 4 or 5) / # of total responses

I can get static scores by using Data Designer; however, that’s not scalable, particularly if we want to view the data by..

• CS Segment
  • CSM
  • Quarter
  • Changes over time
  • Etc.

Has anyone else found a good way to calculate and view this data in Gainsight? 

@Carolyn changed this to idea post for better tracking purpose. 

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.19 release (SFDC / NXT). With this release, the CSAT question type is added to the list of Survey Questions. Admins can now select the CSAT question type and configure it while creating a survey. 

This feature is implemented in both SFDC & NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!