Solved

How can I send an NPS after a Success plan closes?

• 19 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I would need the steps within Gainsight, and the goal is to send an NPS after a CSM has finished the success plan.

icon

Best answer by john_apple 19 January 2023, 16:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@BabaOluk In order to send an NPS survey from Journey Orchestrator (assuming you want to automate the survey send), you’ll need to build a query that using the Success Plan object and Company Person object.

1. Build a Survey with an NPS question and Publish the survey to Activate
  2. In Journey Orchestrator, Programs create a new Program with the Generic Survey Model and select the survey you built
  3. Within the Participant build (Green box of the survey model layout), choose Query as the Participant Source
  4. Build a query using a Dataset Task Success Plan object and filter for Success Plans that have closed recently (within the last day for example) and if they are a specific type. Be sure to include the Company GSID and the GSID of the Success Plan
  5. Within the same query, build another Dataset Task that uses the Company Person and pull in the Contact details including Email (within Person object) and Company GSID (within Company Object). If you need to only send to a select type of contact (e.g. Executive Sponsor) then add an appropriate filter.
  6. Merge the two datasets by matching by Company GSID and Retaining Common records from both datasets
  7. Set the Schedule of the Query to “...ensure to include any participant added in the future” -- this will set the schedule for how frequently the query will re-run to get new participant.
  8. Setup the rest of the Program - map fields including Company GSID, Recipient Email, and a Custom field for Success Plan GSID at a minimum. Set the Uniqueness Criteria to be Success Plan GSID and Recipitent.
  9. Setup up the rest of the Program to include the email templates

I recommend testing the program to one account before turning on completely

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@BabaOluk We do this via a similar process, but we use a specific CTA within the Success Plan, and then, have the CSM associate a contact with that CTA so we know who to send to.  Then, I’m able to build the query to grab using the Cockpit Associated Records object.

Badge +1

Thank you @john_apple and @heather_hansen this was very helpful.