Solved

Create Segmented Power List for NPS

• 15 January 2016
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
  • Gainsight Employee: Golden Ruler
  • 318 replies
When we run NPS, we select a random third of our customer base for the segment to survey due to the number of accounts in each segment. If we were to survey everyone at once, we would not be able to adequately follow up with the customers. 

It would be very helpful to be able to randomize a segment, then select 1/3 of the customers for the survey. Next, we would need to mark that these customers have participated in an NPS survey so they are not selected to be surveyed in future surveys that year.

Is there a way to do something similar now or would this need to be built into the product?
icon

Best answer by manu_mittal 17 January 2016, 10:21

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi Lane,

It would be good to have something available for this in the product, but there is one thing you could try today. Requires two steps:

1. Create an Auto Number field at the Customer record level. I believe our CustomerInfo object that stores all Customer records already comes with a "Customer Number" field that we can use.
  2. Create a formula field that does MOD (Auto Number field, 3). 
3 assuming you want to divide your customer-base up into three equally-sized buckets/segments:

• Segment 1 -- formula field = 0
  • Segment 2 -- formula field = 1
  • Segment 3 -- formula field = 2
Thanks,

Manu
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi Manu,

This should work. I've ran into a hiccup with the formula field. I created a new field called "NPS Group".  When I write the formula MOD (Auto Number field, 3), It throws an error. I replaced "Auto Number field" with "NPS_group" and "NPS Group" and still get a syntax error. "Error: Field NPS_group" does not exist. Check Spelling".

Any suggestions?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Have you created an "Auto Number" field as well? This should be the first field you create. The second field should be a "Formula" field that returns a numeric value: MOD ( Value (<Auto Number field>) , 3 ).
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Also, if you want to reuse the Customer Number field we have in our CustomerInfo object, just create the second (formula) field to capture the group/segment number. 

Formula: 

MOD ( VALUE( RIGHT (Name, LEN (Name) - 2 ) ) ,3 )

Result: 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
We are getting closer. I was able to create the fields. The "NPS Group" field though is not populating.

The formula for that field is: MOD ( Value (Auto_Number_Field__c) , 3 )
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
When you created the Auto Number Field, did you trigger recalculation for existing records? Could you add a screenshot of that field here?
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Thank you! I missed that small check box the first time. This is now working. 
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Awesome! Let us know if you have any other questions or feedback.