Solved

Can you make a CTA if comments are present on a comment-only question?

• 4 April 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge
  • Shoshin
  • 314 replies
We have one question on our survey that goes as follows: 

"Please provide any additional feedback that may help us improve your customer experience."

This is a text-only question. I am trying to make a CTA right from the Survey based on this question NOT being NULL. However, the question is not showing up in the list of options under the CTA tab of the survey.

Anyone know to accomplish this?
icon

Best answer by seth 5 April 2018, 17:58

View original

7 replies

Badge
I would enable survey flattened reporting for the survey then create a rule based on the MDA object that is automatically created. The rule filters could then look for a not null value in the desired field. At that point you can add an action to create the CTA.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Agreed with Britton, except Bionic Rules allow you dodge around survey flattening by doing all the joins within the Rule.
Badge
You're probably right, Seth, and that would keep your instance of Gainsight cleaner. I find it's easier and simpler to set up with the survey flattening method though. Depends on what your priorities are I guess.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I admit I have an unhealthy and beyond-logical affinity for table joins 
Badge
So if I am reading this right, I would just do a join of the table that has the comments and the table that has the questions? I'll have to review the object glossary to find the exact tables, but I do get what you are saying. I just don't know the backend MDA tables for Surveys as well as I do for other areas.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Actually, in this case, you can get away with using a Data Space to do all the Joins for you, which is easier than rigging up the Joins manually in the Bionic Query.

I have a Data Space based on the "Survey User Answer" object, so that I can easily get access to info like the Participant's Contact ID and Account ID, and the Question info.

The "Answer Text" field in "Survey User Answer" is the one that will be populated if they responded to the open-ended question.
Badge
Thanks Seth, that makes sense!