Question

Rules Engine only updating secondary Scorecard if it has been viewed in Home first

• 12 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am trying to create a new scorecard for 2023 and run it along side our old scorecard method so that we can understand the differences prior to putting it into production. 

However, whenever I run the rules to populate measures for my new scorecard it is only updating accounts where I have gone into the Home → Scorecard and viewed the new “Rules 2023" scorecard

It appears like this new scorecard is not being created until an end user views it first which makes it really hard to compare old to new. Is there something I am missing about how to populate this Scorecard across all accounts?

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@shamus.cunningham This is because of the logic used to determine which scorecard to assign. The default will be assigned to all customers even if there is another scorecard. You have to set criteria to assign each scorecard or make the new scorecard the default and then re-run your rules. This will populate the scorecard table as well as update current scores for all customers. If you aren’t ready to have the new scorecard deployed, you could either switch back the default scorecard and re-run your rules OR not change defaults in the first place and setup a custom table to push new scorecard values to and then review.

Here’s the relevant doc on have scorecards are assigned: https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/05Scorecards/02Admin_Guides/Working_with_Multiple_Scorecards