What is the Admin:User ratio at your org?

• 5 September 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Everyone! I'm curious to learn about how other CS Ops teams are structured especially as organizations scale and the Gainsight user base grows.

How many admins do you have that manage Gainsight implementations and troubleshooting internally?

Do you have any junior or entry-level hires who assist with support and maintenance day to day?

Eager to hear your replies. Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi! It's just me for about 250 users. :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Heather, wow, that's impressive! We have about 117 currently.

Do you also have a TAM? I'm curious to hear more about your SLA for requests and bugs (happy to connect offline).

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Lone Ranger here with a growing # of users and groups adopting Gainsight... ~75 active users with more oboarded almost weekly and ~6000 accounts. Sounds like you have your hands full! 🙂

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Keith! thanks for chiming in. At user meetups and Pulse I've generally heard this to be the case that most orgs only have one admin. I find it interesting as there is typically a whole team dedicated to Salesforce management and implementation. Granted, Gainsight is not as robust, but it's still got quite a lot of moving gears. 🙂

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
@anastassia_goidina_683abb Yeah, I was actually moved to our CRM team and work closely with the Salesforce Admins and Devs to support all of our data needs for user stories. We've also organized our Gainsight work into A kanban board leveraging "Agile Accelerator" within Salesforce to provide visibility into our work and needs from other teams.

If any of that sounds relevant and/or useful, would be happy to continue via another channel or perhaps with some other admins if that's possible :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
We don't, but have leveraged them in the past. We've been GS customers for a while, so most of our processes and set up is pretty mature, so mostly, it would be just bugs or new requests that would come in. We have a SME team composed of representatives from each Success team, so in theory, they are able to answer a lot of questions and handle funneling most of the requests to me so that I don't get bombarded with all the users. I'm also on the CRM team like Keith, so I work directly with the SF Devs and Admins, and also use a Kanban board. Most of the big projects come from the VP of Success, so I work out the details on the timeframe and let him know or negotiate accordingly. :)