Solved

Using a data space as the source of a bionic rule

Badge
I need to create a bionic rule that sends an email using a data space as the source object. I have the ID field included in the data space and selected as the primary account reference. However, when I create the rule, I get the following error:

"Only the Load to SFDC, Load to MDA and Load to Company action types are shown in the Actions Setup screen as account lookup fields are not available in the last output task."

I've tried every ID field possible as the account reference, but none of them work. The account reference works fine for a custom rule though.

Have I missed something, or have others run into the same issue?
icon

Best answer by phani_kumar 4 April 2020, 14:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I can't explain why this wouldn't work, Britton, but I also have no experience actually using Bionic Rules. But my understanding is that you could effectively reconstruct your Data Space within the Rule itself by using a series of Fetch tasks (to get the data from each of the Objects you've included in your Data Space), and then using Merge tasks to join that data together.
Badge
Thanks for the tip, Seth. Your idea seems to accomplish the same thing a data space does.

Ultimately, I found that Bionic rules don't have the option of sending an email as an action. I'll just have to use a custom rule for now.
Badge
Hi Britton,

I used a similar bionic rule (fetch, aggregate, and then merge) instead of using a data space.  Seems like we're on the same page on this one. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi Britton and Kate.

Please consider using Advanced Outreach to send emails rather than using Send Email action.  Are there reasons that is not acceptable?

You can see more information in the below link

https://community.gainsight.com/cs-ideas-21/send-email-action-type-in-bionic-rules-4470