Solved

Use Rules Engine to load historical Health Scores?

We have an MDA table that contains a calculated health score for each week going back a full year.  We would like to run a rule that loads those historical (weekly) scores to the Scorecard so that we can see how it has changed over time.  We've created a rule that should work, but it only loads the latest value.  Is there a way to accomplish what we're after?
icon

Best answer by jean.nairon 5 October 2020, 18:45

View original

17 replies

Badge +3
Are you using our new Scorecards 2.0? 

The SetScore action only sets the latest score and does not have ability to do a "historical run" like you can for other rules.

We store Scorecard History in a different object than current scorecard.
We are NOT using Scorecards 2.0.

Is there a way to work around this and load the historical data to the "other" object?  We have worked incredibly hard to get the historical values so that we could see them in the Health history.
Badge
I'm actually working with support on the same question. We are using 2.0 and, in this case, are trying to set historical scores for the relationship. My guess is that there's a way to load data to the "Relationship Scorecard Snapshot" object in MDA, but that seems to be undocumented. I'd love to understand what the "time granularity" value means in this context and what dates I should be using. From there it would seem fairly straightforward to use the rules engine to just update that object, no?
Can you add in screenshots of your setup rule and setup action?  I'm guessing it's a date identifier issue, but can confirm if you're ok adding screenshots in here.

Thanks
Hi Scott - is your question for me or Jeffrey?
Sorry, Kraig this was intended for you.
Hi Scott - we are altering our rule due to calculation issues so I can't attach screenshots at the moment.  As soon as we've worked through our other issues, I will try this again and attach screenshots for you.

Are you thinking it SHOULD be possible to load historical health scores if the date identifiers are specified correctly?
As long as you are using a custom rule type and using the Load to Usage action, this should be possible.
I wanted to provide you all an update.  We [i]finally finished backloading our historical health scores and they function and look great!  That said, I have found one small issue that I am unsure how to tackle.  Can I overwrite historical values with N/A (the Gray color), when circumstances require it to be so?  Is there a way to do this via the rules engine?  Thanks!  

I am connecting this thread to another, as I'm trying to find a solution to my next problem - how to write 'null' values to historical health scores: https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/writing-null-values-with-the-rules-engine?topic-rep...

Please follow the rest of the conversation there.  Thanks!
Hey Kraig, how were you able to accomplish this? I am in the same battle right now with support and we are unable to get the scores to load even though all the data is there.
Hey Jeffrey - were you able to successfully set scores historically with 2.0? Would love to hear how you did it if so. Thanks!
Hi Garrison - is your question "how did we get our historical scores to load?"  If so, the biggest thing I remember is that your rule needs to set actions to load that data to the "usage object" rather than using the "set score" action.  If that's not what you were asking, hit me up again and I'll do my best to clarify.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I'm actually working with support on the same question. We are using 2.0 and, in this case, are trying to set historical scores for the relationship. My guess is that there's a way to load data to the "Relationship Scorecard Snapshot" object in MDA, but that seems to be undocumented. I'd love to understand what the "time granularity" value means in this context and what dates I should be using. From there it would seem fairly straightforward to use the rules engine to just update that object, no?

Hey @jean.nairon do you know if this would be the correct approach? I’m looking to upload historical Overall Scores from our original model in Looker into Gainsight (RYG) for scores pre-Gainsight Scorecards. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @gunjanm - you’re on the right path.

You can use a rule to load historical scorecard data to the Scorecard History table. Its pretty straightforward to setup. Here’s an article on how to do it: 

https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Scorecards/02Scorecards_2.0/02Admin_Guides/Load_to_Scorecard_History_using_Rules_Engine

Good luck with your rule!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@jean.nairon totally meant to follow up on this. I figured it out in the end - I didn’t realize Load to Scorecard History was an option. Succeeded :) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4