Question

Updating Show Fields in a Merge

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
  • Gainsight Employee: Golden Ruler
  • 318 replies
There have been a few times when creating bionic rules that we miss something in the first pass of a merge. But when we try to add it, we can't figure out how to include the new show field. Are we missing where this is?

It's frustrating to have to remove the entire merge and start again to get the information we missed the first time.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will redirect you to actual functionality. 

To include a new show field please uncheck the "Show Selected" check-box(shown in above screenshot),you will find newly added fields below, then please proceed with mapping and save the merge. 

Please let me know if you still need help .

Thanks,

-Sairam
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Thanks Sai! I found that after I submitted this. I think it would be helpful to have some "Help text" for that button. The wording seems a little confusing to understand what it is accomplishing. Or maybe uncheck it by default.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Great,we will definitely consider you request.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Sai Ram, I actually was just about to write a Community Post on this because another customer said the same thing about help text being helpful here. It's not too intuitive right now that when you go back and add fields, you need to go to the merge and unclick "Show Selected." Would be super helpful to have help text or an in-product guide there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Spencer, Thanks for bringing this up!

I agree with you,to check the possibilities about this enhancement, redirecting this to our product team and Documentation team(about the in-app guide).
Badge
I would like to reiterate what Spencer and Lane said. I had to create a new merge task which caused me to have to recreate my scorecard actions! No fun.