Question

Share External C360,R360 layouts and Dashboards

• 24 January 2017
  • 19 replies

The use case here is regarding - 

• Share information with Customers/Partners - Ability to share information,demonstrate value and collaborate with customers

• Share information with other internal teams (execs)- This is someone who does not have Gainsight access(both non GS and non SFDC user) but would want to access the view generated for the customer. 

Proposed Solution

There has been discussion regarding Gainsight for Customers and how Gainsight can integrate with other customer portals and authenticate end users in the past here.

But there are a few use cases where you would want to share information in a adhoc basis based on the context like - A upcoming EBR Meeting, Exec Meeting with a customer, Success Plans Review with the customer post onboarding etc.

The idea here is the ability to create and share layouts(C360,R360,Dashboards etc.) via links and share it with non GS users.

The workflow would be as follows - 

Configuration

a. The GS Admin configures external layouts(A combination of C360,R360 and dashboards) with sections for the layout

b. For the external layout to be shared , there are different settings available which are listed below-

a. Share with Users - Share with SFDC users(via email address field)

b. Share with Contacts - Share with SFDC contacts(via email address field)

c. Share with non SFDC users via email addresses

Additional Security Settings

Expiry Links - Set expiry time for the link being shared. The link will not be valid after x number of days which can be configured

OTP Based Access - An additional layer of security where a OTP is sent to the email address to which it is being shared so that the link cannot be misused.

Sharing Mechanisms

Adhoc Sharing - The end user can view the applicable external layout/s from C360/R360 and share from C360/R360 to users/contacts/external email addresses.

Schedule Based Sharing Via Co Pilot - Links can be configured and shared to end users via co pilot as well so that the person receiving the email would have the ability to access the UI via the email.

Final End User UI Delivery

When the person who receives a link clicks on it, the layout will be rendered as a separate web page and a read only view.

[i]There are few aspects which we need your feedback on -

a. What do you think of the idea ? Adhoc Sharing by CSM to external users vs Schedule Based Sharing via Co Pilot - What do you think is more useful from your perspective? 

b. Delivery mechanism of link sharing to non GS users(internal teams as well as external) via email? Is this something which you will find helpful to your executive team or other teams to access information from Gainsight?

c. Sharing information with external people brings in aspect of security into play. We have tried to mitigate it with expiry links and OTP based access. Do you think that this would be critical to have in order to use this feature? What other things would you think are important from your company's IT policy point of view?

d. Any other feedback and approach which we should be looking at?

19 replies

Hi Abishek, I'm excited that you guys are starting to think of outbound vehicles for the 360. Couple of immediate thoughts which don't directly answer your questions, but may help on approach.

INTERNAL

Rather than give internal partners something new to learn, I wonder if there's a better way to inject 360 data into report/dashboard formats they already understand, so we don't have to spend cycles explaining what they should be looking at and doing and having to train whole teams?

For example, our sales team looks at opportunity pipeline reports in salesforce which contain headline RVP notes, next steps etc. Giving us simpler ways to build more fields (such as the 360 Comment field or the individual components of our scorecard) into other systems of record, reports, dashboards would give us more control over what information we surface that is directly impactful and useful to what other teams are already doing. That may subsequently encourage adoption and excitement about the lens CS can provide to other teams.

EXTERNAL

I'm coming up short trying to imagine the 360 as customer facing, because almost all of the components are internal. What WOULD be helpful is the ability to extract specific elements of the 360 (such as health score, metrics, usage patterns) and redisplay/reformat inside of a customer facing Success Plan. That is, on the assumption that we've agreed on the key value points of the relationship and technology and have mapped out actions and KPIs, being able to push what's in Gainsight into a glossy report on progress against those goals for customers would be highly professional.

OVERALL

Overall, for me personally, true value would be being able to easily break/push out components of the 360 into formats and dashboards we've already built in other platforms. That will allow us to move faster and drive contextual information around the business at pace. It keeps the 360 as the focal point for the CSM role and doesn't confuse it's purpose, but also allows the whole business to benefit from what we put in there.

Appreciate what I'm asking for is more complex to get right than what you've outlined and perhaps what you're suggesting here is a big step toward that direction.

Either way, very pro any tool which allows us to extract value around the org from everything we're recording and love that you guys are thinking about this!
From my Perspective Internal Link sharing is critical.  We have so many people that basically need "Read only" views into gainsight occasionally and not worth the cost of license.   Being able to share R360 content is would be huge via links.  

Links sent via email is ok.  Would I have to share for each account?   I.e I would like some engineering resources to simply be able to navigate to r360 for different accounts easily.  Again "Read only" view. 
Badge
For our business case, we would love to use a feature like this to share C360 with our channel partners. We do it in a bit of a hacky way today but hope this becomes a "first class" feature in the future. Aside from a sharing mechanism, we also really need the ability to show different 360 pages based on who the viewer is. Currently I have to leave out information that would be really valuable to my CSM team because it's information that can't be disclosed to the channel. Having distinct views would resolve this issue for us.
I agree with all of the sentiments above.

Internally within our organization each account could have multiple stakeholders (Support Managers who may drop in during an escalation, AM, pre-sales SE, Renewals Reps) and it's not financially viable to buy GS licenses for each of those parties.

The Channel piece is really interesting too - especially as we're working on our Partner Reseller engagement model at the moment too - how can we expose customer usage information to those partners who resell, but also act as a pseudo-CSMs on behalf of the vendor?

Once implemented, this is probably one of those features (a bit like us and Product Relationships that we have implemented) that you'd say "how did we live without it?".
Big fan of this idea. We've been ramping up in Gainsight and our executives are looking for a board they can glance at to get a broad overview of our customers. I think this is a step in the right direction, specifically the Ad Hoc.

Are you considering an information radiator, such as the Wallboard in JIRA, bringing together multiple dashboards? It seems like is this angled more toward individual sections and users.

Would these shared pages automatically refresh their data?
Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback everyone. We will keep you posted on this when we start working on it.(which is pretty soon!)

- Abhishek S
Badge +1
I would like the ability as a GS Admin to determine which data is provided externally on the C360 & R360 scorecards. Some are customer facing; some are not.

The ability to provide a link--both ad-hoc and CoPilot--would be great.  This way I can send to a group of SFDC users internally on a regular basis and for those who have a more sporadic need can be provided the snapshot link by the CSM.
Hi Renee,

Yes. The admin will be able to configure and choose the sections which would be available as part of external layouts.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Badge +1
Hi Abhishek - Would this allow me to get as granular as determining which scorecards show up on the export; not just the scorecard section?
Hi Abishek,

How about to start with something simple - native ability to connect to a 3rd party dashboard apps? Something like Klipfolio, Dasheroo, Tableau? We have multiple apps in our organization and using a dashboard app to allow cross-team and customers visibility to an aggregated data. Most of the dashboard apps have built-in view-only free license model + ability to connect to a user management software allowing easy user access management.

Thank you,

Vadim
Hi,

Integrating with other analytical tools is also part of the roadmap. Actually , the simpler version for us to implement would be the external layouts and dashboard shared via email as a link.

We will extend it in the future to be able to embed in other analytical tools like you have said.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Hi Renee,

Yes . We will be providing granular configuration to configure the measures which you intend to share in C/R 360.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Hi Nate,

Thanks for your feedback.Interesting Idea about the information radiator. We will definitely think about this. The shared pages would be live data.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Hi All,

This is to inform you all that we have been working on this capability over the past quarter and will be available as part of the Summer release. More details on what else is coming in the Summer release can be found here -  https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/gainsights-summer-release-is-coming-soon.

We are taking a phased approach for building this and based on the feedback we get post the summer release, we will add suitable enhancements to it and take it ahead. 

Thanks,

Abhishek S
Badge +1
Hey Abhishek, 

Just curious if there are any plans to also be able to share a dashboard in the same way we can now share the 360 view? 

Thanks, 

Denim
Hi Denim,

Yes, there is a plan to share dashboards also externally. We are actively working on it targeting to ship in Fall 2017 release.

Thanks

Venky
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Venky, any update on if this is on track for the fall release?
Hi Spencer, Yes. this is on track for Fall'17 release.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi, Happy to inform you that this is implemented and shipped in Fall release on 28th November, 2017. 

Thanks for posting! Your feedback matters, please continue posting!

You can find more details here