Question

Set renewal date to 30 days before contract end date?

Badge
I am looking to have renewal date in the customer section to by 1 day before the contract start date of the most recent renewal opportunity open.

Is there a way I can create a rule to update this? If so, what does this rule look like?

5 replies

Hey Tony - 

Do you mean adding a field to the Customer Info object and populating it with a calculated date that is based on the contract start date?

If so, the rule would look something like this:

1. Pull dataset of all contracts with contract start date and account SFDC ID.

2. Transform the dataset to create a calculated "Renewal Date" field of Contract Created Date - 365 (or 366 for leap year).   (This assumes you want to populate the previous renewal date.  Add 365 or 366 if you want to populate the NEXT renewal date).

3. Use Load to SFDC Object and target the Customer Info object "Renewal Date" field with the calculated field from step 2.

4.  Pull this "Renewal Date" field into the C360 (or other location as desired)

Let me know if you have any other questions?  Thanks!

Tim
Badge
Hey Tim, Thanks for the response. Is it an expression or function when creating the calculated field, and is function, what type?
Userlevel 2
Hi Tim,

Can you provide a little more detail to your answer? I do not see any formulas that allow us to add days to a date field.

Thanks.
Hey Jeremy - You can actually do this via the action section by clicking "Add Custom Field" and adding/subtracting days from rule run date:

Userlevel 2
Thanks Tim, this is helpful but doesn't address needing to add days to a field other than Rule Date. In the above scenario, Tony references add 365 Days to the Original Contract Date.