Question

Set NULL value to a Customer Info field

• 21 April 2015
  • 2 replies

I'd like to be able to write a NULL value to a Customer info field. Here's the situation:

I created a few lookup fields in Customer Info that get populated by a rule to mirror the assigned service team members in the Account Teams object. I had to flatten into Customer Info to be able to use these fields in Gainsight - for assigning a CTA, for example. In case a user gets removed from the account team, I'll need to blank out the field in Customer Info, but I can't figure out how to set a Null value with a rule. The "Set Action" page doesn't let me assign a blank value, and doesn't seem to work when I enter "NULL". 

Does anyone know any tricks to this? My plan is to have two rules - one to wipe out all the values of these fields, and then a second rule to populate them, which would be scheduled to run in that order. 

Thanks!

2 replies

Badge +1
Create a formula field on CustomerInfo to return a blank value always and then map to this formula field in the Load to Customer Info action. Also make sure the default value check box is not checked. 
Thanks, Sidhu! That worked for me perfectly.