Solved

Rules - using criteria to compare two fields

• 24 May 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
I am trying to compare two fields in criteria before running an action. My rule is moving Stage from GS to SFDC. I want to see if the value has changed and only upload if different. My issue is the GS field is a lookup to a pick-list (shown as IDs) and the SFDC field is a pick-list (with values). There is a field which shows names but then it is Text to Pick-list. It seems this is not a possible compare as the drop down box only shows the same field in both. Can you only compare same field types? is there any ideal work around? 

icon

Best answer by jitin_mehndiratta 12 June 2018, 12:23

View original

4 replies

Badge
I've run into this exact same thing, but in setting up my filters in the rule tasks in bionic rules. I wanted to compare two different date fields since date diff always gives me positive values. When I switch from value to field I was expect to see any compatible data type, I'm not sure what I would need to do to see other fields in that dropdown. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I wonder if you could use a Transform task to make a calculated field that's a concatenate function, with just one item in it: the picklist value. I would imagine that the output of that would be a text type, instead of a picklist type.
Badge +1
Thank you for your suggestion. I created new fields with a concatenation of ID and Stage and it create a text field that could be compared.
Hi Shannon,

Is the action you are using is a "Load to ...." action? In such cases, The suggestion would be to fetch the target object(object which you are loading data to) in the rule set up. Compare source and target in the rule setup and then upload only those records where there is a change.

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Jitin