Question

Rules - Trigger for 3rd Friday of the month

• 8 September 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge

Is there a way to set a rule to fire on the 3rd Friday of every month instead of “x” amount of days, etc.?

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @MelissaC 

Yes, we can schedule the rule to run every month on any day.

Screenshot for how to schedule the same:

Hope this helps you to schedule your rule.

Thanks.

Badge

Hi @phani_kumar !

I see how to schedule it for the 3rd friday but how do I set up the actual rule?  What filters would I need to make sure this executed correctly?

Thanks so much!

Badge

@phani_kumar Hey!  Sorry to bug you, but could you answer the above reply when you get the chance?

Thanks!

Badge

^@phani_kumar Hi There! 

Can you please let me know how to set up the rule?  I’m not sure what to filter on since I will be setting the execution date when I schedule it?

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @MelissaC

Can you please share your use case here so that I can try to provide the filter condition.

Thanks.

Badge

@phani_kumar Hi there!

Our CSM’s are supposed to manually update the healthscore for their accounts by the 3rd friday of the month, so we wanted to create a CTA that would fire off on that 3rd friday of the month so our CSM’s know to update the healthscore. 

I hope that made sense:)

Thanks so much!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thanks for letting me know the use case. This has 2 variations

Point 1: if a CSM is Handling 20 Customers then you wanted to create 20 CTAs for that CSM for each Company wise?

or

Point 2: You wanted to create/Notify the CSM to update the Measure Scores

If you are looking for Point 1 Creating a Rule is Best choice

If you are looking for Point 2 Creating a JO Program is Best Choice.

Please check and let me know your inputs.

Thanks.

Badge

@phani_kumar Thank you so much for your response!

Could you give me an example of how you would use JO in this situation rather than firing off multiple CTAs?

I’d rather not have them have 20 different CTAs that fire off….  so I am curious about using JO instead.

Please give me an example when you can.

Thanks so much!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

If you are planning to use JO we can Send a Email to the CSM’s but not CTA.

In the Program Query Builder use the Company Object to fetch the Data.

Like: CSM Email and Company GSID(use/apply the Aggregation Count on Company GSID field)

So we get to know based on CSM Email how many Companies they are Handling.

EX:

And Step 2(Participant Unique Criteria) choose the “Recipient Email Address” as  unique criteria

and in Advance Criteria choose “Participant with Same Email Address can enter once in 20 Days”

Screenshot:

In Step 3: map the fields

And then create a Email Template with all your points and if need you can create a Report and add that in the Template.

Finally, schedule the Program Query Builder to run on Every 3rd Friday.
So each CSM will get a Email when the Program executed.

Hope this helps.