Solved

Rules Engine. Creating a Task for a Date Field x Months Out - Without Including Current Month.

• 29 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hello!

I’m trying to trigger a CTA to our CSM when they haven’t communicated with their Key Stakeholder in X Time - and depending on the length of time that has passed, there are different playbooks associated with it.

Ideally the Rule would be able to identify the following:

• Key Stakeholder Communicated in within Last 3 Months
  • Key Stakeholder Communicated 4 Months Ago
  • Key Stakeholder Communicated 5 Months Ago
  • Key Stakeholder Communicated 6 Months Ago

I used Max Created Date from Activity Timeline where the Key Stakeholder was found - and posted that date to a field on the Account record.  From there I’m trying to get the accounts to match the bullet points above...via the Rules Engine so I can trigger the CTAs.  But while I can get the first one - the others keep including the first bullet point and not just those associated with their time frame.

Thoughts?

icon

Best answer by phani_kumar 4 January 2021, 07:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Can you share a screenshot of your rule? It would be helpful to see what you are trying.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I think you’d have to do two dates to get the other criteria.  So, the date would be greater than the 3rd month and less than the 5th month to get the 4th month, etc.  So, at least 90 days, and then less than 150 days depending on how you have your rule set up.

Badge +3

@heather_hansen I’ve been so stuck in a tunnel, I didn’t even think about that.  It would be an easy pivot to days rather than months, and more options.  Thank you :)  I’ll give that a shot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I think you’d have to do two dates to get the other criteria.  So, the date would be greater than the 3rd month and less than the 5th month to get the 4th month, etc.  So, at least 90 days, and then less than 150 days depending on how you have your rule set up.

Also important to keep in mind if you’re using greater than or greater or equal to as that makes a difference. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @sagan_sherlin, based on your points I assume you are looking for data for the past 6 months which is 180 days approximately.

So in your initial Timeline Fetch get the data which is >= Subtract N days from Rule Date 180.

And using that task create 4 different Transform Tasks with different filter conditions like,

Transform 1 for 3 Months: >= Subtract N days from Rule Date 90

Transform 2 for 4 Months: <  Subtract N days from Rule Date 90

>= Subtract N days from Rule Date 120

And so on for Transform 3 and 4 for months 5 and 6.

And then based on that you can create Actions accordingly.

Thanks.