Question

Rules Engine: Bulk changes

• 17 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey folks,

Does anyone know if there is a way to bulk-edit the success/failure email addresses for rules?  Potentially have a few hundred to change, so any bulk options would be preferred to manually changing them 1 by 1!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That’s an interesting one, @Stuart. I know of no method to bulk update success / failure email addresses.

What I have seen done to prevent needing to do this arduous task: Used a non-person-specific email address, so that notifications arrive to a group or to a shared email box.

And for bonus points: Create a Slack channel and send notifications (especially failures) via email to that channel. That can help especially if you have a team of folks, so you can collaborate on who has ownership for investigating or repairing.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thanks @matthew_lind - yes we’ve moved to a group mailbox/distro list to move away from this scenario, however in my infancy as an admin I set rules to email on success too.. There’s 23000+ unread success notifications and the number isn’t going to get any smaller unless I bite the bullet 😆 good thinking about the Slack channel though, for sure.

Appreciate the help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

23,000 success notifications: Not exactly the very worst problem you could have, @Stuart😀

I wonder if your email client would give you some filters, rules or other options to suppress the wave. That might give you temporary, or even permanent, relief until you decide to visit each Rule (and Rule Chain, and Connector job, and...and...and) for a configuration change.