Question

Rule Not Running

• 21 November 2022
  • 23 replies

Badge

I created a rule on Friday to run Mon-Fri and when I went to my dashboard this morning, I noticed the rule didn’t run.  It ran successfully on Friday.

This was the message I got:

How would I push that rule to run everyday?

Thanks!

23 replies

Badge +3

Hello @MelissaC , if you want to run the rule everyday, select the “Radio Button” beside “Every Day”, and put other details like Start Date, End Date, etc. And click on “Start”, see the below screenshot.

Badge

Got it, thank you so much!  @Ravinder Singh 

Badge

I’m also running into something similar. I set a weekly schedule for Friday but none are showing as being scheduled for the next run date. I filled out:

Weekly, start/end date, time, rule preference and on failure email

Thanks!

Badge

@Ravinder Singh I checked my dashboard this morning and it looks like the rule didn’t run.

If there was another rule pulling in the same data that is overriding it, how would I check the dependencies?

Thanks!

Badge +3

Hello @MelissaC , could you please share the rule execution history screenshot?

And Object Analyzer will help you analyze how data flows through various objects. Also, Data Management can be used to check dependencies.

And if you continue experiencing the same issue, please reach out to support at support@gainsight.com.

Badge

Here is the execution history for the scheduled rule:

Here is the execution history for the one I did manually:

Badge

@Ravinder Singh I also checked the dependencies and I don’t see another rule overriding that data, so I’m not sure why it’s not running properly😐

Badge +3

Thanks for sharing the screenshot @MelissaC . It seems the rule is running but it’s not pulling any data. Could you please check if there are any filters on “Fetch from Company” task? Do a preview & see if you are getting any records in that task. If you are not getting any records see if we need those filters or do we need to modify the filter logic, etc.

Badge +3

Hi @abriah9208 , are you still facing the same issue or is it resolved?

Badge

@Ravinder Singh 

Badge +3

@MelissaC  are you seeing any records when you click on “Preview” button?

Badge

@Ravinder Singh I am not.  It says there are no records found given that configuration

Badge +3

@MelissaC It is possible that there are no records that are matching with this criteria. 

You could create a report on Company object and add “Name (Company name)”, “Client Management Segment”, and “CSM’s Manager” to show section. And apply filter where CSM’s manager is “Null”. You should see only records where CSM’s manager is “Null”.

To my knowledge there aren’t any records where CSM’s manager is null and “Client Management Segment” is “Digital

Badge

This is what I get:

Badge +3

@MelissaC  I think the above filter is not matching with the one in rule engine. Seems like here you’ve applied filter CSM’s managerIs Not Null” but in Rules Engine the filter is CSM’s manager “Is Null”. So, if you are looking to pull records where CSM’s manager “Is Not Null”, please update the same in Rules Engine. For example see the below screenshot:

Badge

@Ravinder Singh no the issue still persists

Badge +3

@abriah9208 Please check the rule execution history & if possible share the screenshot as well.

Badge

@Ravinder Singh Hi, I had went in and manually added a schedule for the 51 rules on Friday 11/18. Is there also an easier way to reschedule all of them at once? They were once scheduled and running..

-screenshot showing not scheduled and the execution history:

Badge +3

@abriah9208 Is it possible that these rules are part of the Rule Chain? If yes, have we scheduled the rule chain to run Daily/Weekly, based on your need?

Badge

@Ravinder Singh Yes it is. Thanks! Didn’t think of that. I'll try that. Thank you!

Badge

@Ravinder Singh  I am still trying to figure this out…  I am able to manually push the rule to run and it will populate the data according to the rule I wrote.   

So my question is, why won’t this do it automatically?  What am I missing?😑

I’m also getting this message:

Is that a factor in why it’s not running automatically?

Thanks!

Badge +3

@MelissaC It’s not happening because of it, it’s just a suggestion. It seems we need to dig deep into this issue. Please reach out to support at support@gainsight.com for further clarification.

Badge

@Ravinder Singh I’ll do that, thanks for trying to help troubleshoot!