Product Updates - Sally (Slack Integration)

We will use this thread to post any product updates to Sally (Slack Integration) 

21 replies

We have added the following functionality to Sally today:

• Support for custom activity types from Timeline. Along with standard activity types such as Updates, Calls, Meetings, and Emails etc. Sally will now return activities of custom activity types as well.
  • You can now query for the name of the CSM assigned for an account. Sample Query: CSM for [i]Customer Name
Badge
Hello Team,

It would be great if we could have Sally at the R360 level.

Regards,

Jahnavi
Hi Jahnavi,

Thanks for the feedback. We have already started the work towards making Sally available at R360 level. I will update the ETA when we have better visibility.

Thanks,
Hello All,

We have added the following functionality to Sally with the recent release. Please let us know your feedback on these new feature additions.

• View Summary based on C360 layout configuration: Sally will return the C360 Summary based on the C360 Layout configuration. The Summary layout configuration created in C360 layout will be visible in Slack messaging as well.

• View C360 Attributes in Sally: Sally will provide information from the C360 Attributes section. If there are multiple Attribute sections, a drop-down appears from which you can select a section and view related information. Similar to Summary response, the layout configuration will be respected here. Sample Query - [i]Attributes for Abbett

• Filter scorecard responses by measure group: Scorecard response can now be filtered based on the measure group. After you query for a health score for a company, you can filter the score by selecting a measure from the drop-down list.

• Filter timeline entries by Activity Type: Timeline Activities can now be filtered by Activity Type. 

Badge
the intro video indicates customer data can be updated from Sally - what exactly can be updated and how do you take that action ?  (sorry If I missed it in the video)
Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Tom, Users have some limited options to update data, including closing CTAs. 
Badge
Thanks Lila - I was just looking for what data and how and didnt see any updates in the short demo.  I'll keep digging.
Hi Tom,

As of now, closing the CTA assigned to the user is the only update action possible. In near term, we planning to support updating notes in Gainsight timeline feature. The roadmap also includes creation & update of CTAs & Tasks from Sally.

Thanks.
Hello All,

We are supporting Relationships with Sally now!! As, this is the first iteration of relationship support and you might see few limitations. Kindly let us know your feedback so that we can iterate to make this better.

Sally supports the following functionality at the Relationship level:

• Summary 
  • Activities
  • Health Score
  • NPS Survey Responses
  • Attribute Section
  • Sponsors
  • CSM
  • CTAs for a Relationship*
  • CTAs for a Relationship and are assigned to you*
*You can also query for the CTAs of an account and CTAs for an account that are assigned to you.

The queries to be used for the Relationship functionality are similar to the ones used for an account but using the keyword 'Relationship' is necessary to identify that the query is at the Relationship level. Also, providing the name of the account along with Relationship name will help in identifying the Relationship accurately when there are multiple relationships with the same name.

Sample Query Patterns:

The following are sample query patterns for the intent 'Summary'. Similarly, you can query for any of the above-mentioned functionality.

• Summary of Relationship '[i]Relationship Name'
  • Summary of Relationship '[i]Relationship Name' of '[i]Customer Name' (to be used when there are multiple relationships with the same name for different accounts).
The support documentation can be referred here.

Thanks!
Hi Jahnavi, Sally now works at the Relationship level. Please refer to the latest post in this thread for more details.
Great, thank you!
Badge
Thanks Rajesh, do you have a link or a video that explains all features?
Here is the link with the details. 
Happy to announce that we now support Posting an activity to timeline using Sally in Slack. This feature would help the users to post to timeline on the move directly from the Slack app on mobile.

How to use this feature

You can use the feature by typing “Post to timeline of <customer name>” and send a DM to Sally. You would be presented with a dialog box for entering additional details to post an activity. You can also post to the timeline of a Relationship. A sample command would be “Post to timeline of Relationship <relationship Name> of <customer name>“.

Who can use this feature

Any user already using Sally. 

Limitations

- We do not support all the timeline fields such as attendees because of the limitations of Slack’s dialog box. Also, attachments are not supported.

- User’s image will not be displayed in timeline along with the activity posted using Sally. We hope to fix this in future releases

- You cannot post from a channel. This limitation is intentional.

Please use this feature and let us know your feedback.
Cool feature, adding to Timeline. 

Our Field CSM's will be able to leverage this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Love this feature!

It doesn't seem to work too well with fuzzy text matching for the command, though.

1. Type: "post to Customer 1 timeline"
  2. Sally: "Please select the activity type to post to the timeline of the customer customer Customer 1"
  3. Do not select an activity type
  4. Type: "post to Customer 2 timeline"
  5. Sally: "Please select the activity type to post to the timeline of the customer[i] Customer 1"
Hi Seth, thanks for the feedback! We will look into this.
Userlevel 3
Badge
It appears that I am unable to edit sally timeline posts once they are submitted? Is this a limitation, or a misconfig on our end?

This was my account in Slack, posting to my 'customer' and the edit options are not available like normal.

Hi Jason,

There is no such limitation. If the user who posted from Slack is same the user logged into Gainsight then editing should be possible (email id helps us identify if it is the same GS user). Is your email id in Slack the same email id that is in Salesforce / Gainsight? 

Thanks,

Userlevel 3
Badge
Hmm, I am using the same email for both systems. I'll file a support ticket so we can dig into it.

Thanks,