Question

Previewing a Merge in Bionic Rules

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
  • Gainsight Employee: Golden Ruler
  • 318 replies
I'm testing out a few things in bionic rules. We have some data that only lives in MDA. I want to match this with data from survey responses in a Data Space. However, I want to see the output before I set it up to take action.

Am I missing where we can preview that data or is that not a part of this?

11 replies

Previewing any task's data in bionic rules is not possible yet.  You may use the export to S3 option and test run the rule without actions to see how the data is and may proceed further.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi Gayathri,

Is this on the short term, long term or not on the roadmap at all?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Gayathri - could export directly to CSV be supported? This option would be more convenient than exporting to S3, retrieving from S3 and then opening as CSV.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Even an "Email Results" button like with custom rules when you do an aggregate field.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Agree! This is very important functionality to have.  Exporting to S3 is too cumbersome.
Userlevel 5
Preview of merge on live data is not possible since it is a batch process that gets executed in backend... We can expose the preview of last execution be it test run or actual run, does this work?
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I think a better option would be "Email Results" option like we have when we do a calculated field.
Badge
Adding on to this, I don't mind the export to S3 option... it's reasonable all things considered. But I'd like to be able to enable or disable it at the rule level for testing. Some sort of "export all steps to S3" button when you run the rule that basically ignores whatever the per-action setting is. That way I don't have to turn on all the steps, test, and then go back and turn them all back off again.
Userlevel 5
Absolutely... This is part of our backlog to give an option during manual run / test run to export the output of all the steps.
Userlevel 5
Lane - As of now, you can see the results of the last task under execution logs -> View logs -> Click on the Get Link to download the results of final step in the bionic rule.

Each tasks output preview and download option will be available under Execution History with the fall release.