Question

Prevent new CTA creation when one has already been closed

• 1 December 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge
We have a CTA created when a case has been open for more than 60 days.  What I'm finding is that after the CTA is closed and handled a new CTA is created since the salesforce record still meets the criteria.  Is there a way to have a rule only fire once for a specific record?  

2 replies

Badge +1
Instead of closing the CTA, if you Snoozed the CTA then it would not fire again. Choose a date until when do not want the CTA to fire, pick a snooze reason and snooze it. 
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi Lauren -  Another approach, boundary the rule on 'both sides' so that the record will only meet the criteria once.  I'm guessing that you have the rule scheduled to run each night, looking for open cases more than 60 days old, yes?

If you set it up so that it looks for open cases 60 old, but ignores 61 days and older, you're in business - schedule it every night, including weekends, so a day (and a case) is never missed, but it means that even if the CTA is closed that same day but the case is left open, when the rule fires again that night, the case doesn't fit the criteria any more.  See my screenshot - hope that helps!

PS. You'll start setting these boundaries out of habit after a while - makes everything run cleaner!