Solved

"Only few actions are shown for the selected task as Account field is not present"

• 6 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi, I am trying to create a Rule that will create a Success Plan when a New Subscription opportunity is closed/won.

To do so, I setup the Rule from the Opportunity object, which contains Opportunity, Account and Customer info.

However, Setup action says "Only few actions are shown for the select task as account field is not present".

I assume this has something to do with me selecting the opportunity object for my dataset task.

The Account object does not have opportunity info associated - if it were, I could work on that object. Would associating the opportunity object to the account object be a gainsight thing or a salesforce thing?

Any guidance would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by swaroop_badam 6 September 2018, 17:18

View original

4 replies

Badge +1
Ian,

The opportunity has to have a field that references the account the opportunity is associated to. Add that to the list of fields you are brining in and should fix your issue.
Hi Ian,

You have dropped account id from the Account section. But the account id field needs to be dropped from the Opportunity object which you have selected in "Account Lookup" drop-down.
Thank you both, and thank you Swaroop for naming the specific field I needed. I understand now and appreciate your help
Badge +3
Hi Ian,

To expand a bit on Marcelo's comment–

There's a dropdown menu called [i]Account Lookup towards the bottom of the screenshot in your post. This dropdown is how you inform the rule your making where to look for the SFDC Account ID. If the source for Account ID in your "Show" fields does not match the source for Account ID in the "Account Lookup" section, you'll get the prompt "Only a few actions are shown..." 

Looking at the screenshot provided, I'm not sure the two match. i.e. The Account ID in your "Show" fields was selected from the Account section of the available fields (Account > ID) and the "Account Lookup" section is looking for the Account ID from the Opportunity section of the available fields (Opportunity > Account ID).  

To update this rule so that all of the actions are available in "Setup Action", you can either change the selection in the "Account Lookup" section, or simply add the Account ID field from Opportunity (stared in screenshot below).

Hope this helps :)

Cheers,

Pele