Question

Issue with Multi-picklist in Rules Engine

I am trying to pull a list over as a customer Info field but the system is trying to aggregate it.   In our opportunities, we can select all the products a customer owns, I am fine if these come over as a text string, but when I try to show it as a field, the system treats it as a number to "Count, Count Distinct, Min and Max."    What is the best way for me to pull products owned, which is a multi picklist in Opportunities in SFDC so that the products can be viewed in 360, perhaps in summary?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Caprice, 

My suggestion here is to put in a support ticket with GS. I have worked with multi-select pick lists before and they can be quite tricky. Support should be able to answer this question. 

Thanks,

Steve Davis
Thanks Steve - I need to do that. 

We found that taking one of the show fields out, fixed the error, but it does create an issue with the intent of the rule. 

You are right, it's either a tricky thing, or a bug.  

The show field I removed was to take the most recent opportunity, so closedate = Max.  The rule doesn't work with it in, does with it out.  

The advice I got was to use a time range in the conditions, but unfortunately, without uniform contract lengths, I can get multiple opportunities for one company with the time range needed to capture all customers.