Question

Is there a way to remove Edit/Delete Rights on Gainsight Customers Tab?

• 19 April 2016
  • 6 replies

Is there a way to limit end users' ability to edit/delete customers in Gainsight? When on the Customers tab, users can click the pencil icon next to an account and either: 1) delete the record from Gainsight, 2) modify the Stage/Phase, or 3) change the account status. We want to limit users' ability to do this, but wasn't sure if there's a way to do so currently. 

6 replies

Hey Kaycee,

So unfortunately there is no way to limit this right now. The best thing you can do currently is to enable activity tracking, that way you can monitor to see if anyone makes any edits or deletes anything.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Evan - can you elaborate on how to enable activity tracking?
Hi Jeff,

In order to accomplish this you would want to go to workbench.

1. Once you are there sign in after accepting their terms.
  2. In the Jump to line select: SOQL_Query

3. In the Object line select: JBCXM_CustomerInfo_c

4. Select the following fields: IsDeleted, LastModifiedById, and SystemModstamp
  5. Filter the results by: IsDeleted
  6. Leave the center to "="
  7. Type in "true" in the third box
That is how you can check if a customer has been deleted. If you run the query and it says no records found then no one has deleted anything. This requires you to check the ID within Gainsight to see who/which company was effected if it does pull records however.

This is something that is done outside of Gainsight via the workbench, it is currently not possible within Gainsight.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Ah ok I was afraid of that.  :)  Would be really great to get this feature added natively to GS.  https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/change-management-log-to-identify-what-changes-have...

We talked about this with the product teams last week during the Customer Advisory meeting.  I was just hoping based on your note that there was something I overlooked.

Thanks Evan!
Welcome Jeff! I followed up on the other post to see where we are at with that. Hopefully we can get some more info soon!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Has any more consideration been given to this idea?  There needs to be a way to prevent end users from adding new customers to Gainsight.