Solved

How to update a checkbox field via the rules engine?

• 10 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hi all,

I created a check box custom field on the Customer Info object in SFDC. The field is called "Has Sponsors Tracked?". My objective here is to figure out which accounts do not have any sponsors being tracked. I set up a bionic rule to identify accounts that have sponsors. If there are sponsors, I want the box to get checked off. If no sponsors, I want the check box to stay blank (false). Has anyone done anything similar? I can't seem to get the rule to update the check box so I am stuck on the action step of the bionic rule. Once this is done, I want to create a report to display accounts with no sponsors being tracked.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by sarah_post 10 January 2019, 22:30

View original

3 replies

Badge
Checking the box is the same as true. You need to set it to true. Case matters: true all lower case.

Badge
Thanks for the response! Can you add some more information on the rule config piece of this? Would I need to add a filter in the rule setup? In the rule action, I chose load to SFDC object. The only object name to show up is Account and only "None" shows up as a field mapping for Has Sponsors Tracked. Am I missing something here?

Badge
Hi Joe - you need to choose Load to Customers instead of Load to SFDC object (it's separated out as a special action). Then you should be able to see the field you're after.