Solved

How Convert String to Date field in Rule Engine

• 4 June 2021
  • 3 replies

How Convert String to Date field in Rule Engine when mapping fields to load into GS Object under rules action.

icon

Best answer by phani_kumar 4 June 2021, 14:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @kshirsagar3 

Convert String field to Date is not possible and we don’t have an option in Rules Engine.

But we do have a work around which is, First Load your Source Data to S3 bucket through rules.

And create another new rule which will fetch the S3 file as a Source and once you click on “Load Column Details” the fields will appear and there we have a option to choose Datatype.

Click on drop arrow and select the data type as per your requirement.

Then in the Action part you will be able to Map that to a Date Datatype Field.

Thanks.

Thanks @phani_kumar for the workaround approach. However, We are pulling the data from snowflake tables using data designer. We want to map Data Set read only table (Gainsight) fields to Gainsight Object using Rule.

Gainsight Readonly DataSet Object (Date-String) → Gainsight Object(Date-Date)

Any suggestions please ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi! I just had this same issue with DD, and the work around that I found is to bring from the s3 bucket another file with both date formats (the string one, and the expected date format output, is just a list from the minor date that I have until the eternity -say year 2200-) and I use a merge to bring that “correct date field” in, and that made the trick. In rules engine you can also add an aditional merge from another S3 dataset.

I’m not sure if that will help your case and I’m pretty noob with GS, but wanted to reply because your question was useful for me.