Question

Email logs not accessible in bionic rules

Badge +2
I've just recently been told that we are not supporting the use of "Email Logs" in Bionic Rules.  

Is there a plan to enable this in the future?  

I have a customer who would like to use Email Logs as the source in Bionic Rules.  In their use case they leverage Emails logs to update items like Probability on the Opportunity records and it would be helpful to be able to join Email Logs with Opportunities so they can only update records when it is appropriate.

Is this something that we anticipate we will have the ability to do in the future?

Thanks,

-Tom

11 replies

Userlevel 5
This is part of the backlog for spring release. I'll keep you updated on plan..

Usecase sounds interesting, can you explain it a bit further? Is this helping in marking the opportunities who are engaged and log their activities? 
Badge
In our Powerlists we setup 5 day windows so that emails go out the first day that the communication is in a ready state for the customer.  Setting up these windows also protects us from Gainsight outages as well as when Rules and Powerlists run out of order due to maintenance.  Once the email goes out we have a rule that sets the Opp Id on the Email Logs table.  This then allows us to build additional rules to update probability and other Opp properties based on email being sent as well as consumption tracking (opens, clicks, etc.).
Hi, 

Is there an update on this? I would like to integrate the email logs with customer behavior which is logged in other tables and analyze the success of the email. How the email impacted the customer behavior and as a result our revenue.
Badge
The workaround that we were given from support was to create a rule to copy the email logs table into a custom table then use that table in the bionic rules.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Tom, This is part of the Summer release.We are displaying "Email Logs" as the source in Bionic Rules.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Jeffrey,

Would you be willing to share how you accomplished this?  Thanks!
Badge
Will you be exposing the primary key to the Emails Logs table which I think is "Internal Email Id" to standard rules and bionic rules at that time?
Badge
Hi Heather,

We setup two regular Rules to copy the data over on a daily basis.  We needed two because Gainsight rules can have a maximum of 20 fields.  In the first rule we upsert the base fields.  In the second rule we upsert the fields that could be updated daily (opens, click, bounce, etc.).  In the filter criteria we update for 90 days after created date.

Unfortunately, Gainsight does expose the Email Logs primary key in email table to Rules so we tagged "Execution Instance Id" and "Email Address" as "Include in identifiers" and included these two fields in both upserts.

Let me know if I missed any details that you require.

~Jeff
Badge
Thanks Sai! To confirm, that is the Sept. 2nd release?
Yes This should be available from Sept. 2nd Release 
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi All, Summer Release is out now and this feature is shipped in Summer Release.