Deep Thoughts with a Gainsight Admin

• 6 September 2019
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Sometimes, when I am feeling lonely and not receiving any inbox alerts, I fire off a whole bunch of test-runs of rules just to know at least Gainsight still loves me 🙂

Happy Friday everyone!

PS - Please bring back email attachment rule results!!! It is such a time-saver!

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Subscribed for more Friday deep thought content!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
All my emails in my inbox now are Gainsight notifications, Gainsight rule summaries, Community notifications, Gainsight Support responses, and other conversations about Gainsight. So much ❤️

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Many times, as an admin, I reflect on the movie Highlander (truly amazing) and I think... "There can be only one..." and then wish maybe there were more Admins in our organization! ​

Of course, no beheadings... yikes.

Shout out to all the "Lone Rangers" out there!! (I'm really aging myself on this post)

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
@keith_mattes We were “born to be kings”.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
@john_apple Yes we were Born to be Kings !! 🙂

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I need to resurrect this thread…. :)

Email attachments option was turned off in Rules Engine, in order to prevent unnecessary risk to customer sensitive data. This was done as part of security risk enhancements.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@tulasi_andukuri  can we at least get the numerical results added back to the email result and maybe NOT the data extract?   As an Admin, I’d like more relevance to a notification email from the system than just “your rule executed” that seems kind of silly, you could try IN APP notifications for Admins

Hi Keith_mattes,

This is valid suggestion. Thanks for bringing this up.  We will try to implement it. 

We assess the priority based on other roadmap items and keep you updated on the timelines. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@john_apple  & @darkknight  perhaps a small victory above? At some point?  Maybe vote it up if you are ok with that? I get the security aspect, but having the numerical results is kind of what the test runs are all about.  

Hope all is well with you guys!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@keith_mattes  I guess I hadn’t noticed cause usually when I’m running test rules I’m impatiently hitting refresh in the UI :yum:

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I feel far more comfortable and encouraged when reviewing my Rule execution results in the UI when there is a potential “issue” to investigate as I am told this is a “Partial SUCCESS”  while when I receive and email notification for the same rule results I feel dismayed with a “Partial FAILURE” 

As an Admin, I need as much emotional support from the tool as possible!! Does anyone else think it makes sense to align this messaging? 

@dan_ahrens , @darkknight , @john_apple  AMIRITE? Unified messaging? :)  I think this is on the appropriate thread

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I am subscribing for this!  Our emotional well-being as admins is too often overlooked.  Admins are people too! :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@davebrown2242 @keith_mattes  where have you guys been all my life? :yum:

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

If I charted the number of Gainsight tabs open vs time I click “Refresh” within the GS GUI per day my “GS Coefficient” = 5%      ;)   @darkknight ,  @john_apple ?   Happy Friday!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Today’s Thursday, but somewhere it’s Friday! And with all that is challenging us in the world right now… I was thinking…. 

Sometimes,  I reflect on being a remote Gainsight Admin and how thankful I am… especially when we issue a LOT of CTA’s to our CSM’s… because they can’t easily “Stop by” to “thank” me and report “enhancements”  :) 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@keith_mattes :joy:

Now that you mention it I do miss cutting them off mid-sentence with, “I know, you’re welcome!”

*Spins in chair — Puts on Headphones*

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thursday .. AGAIN!

Have you ever….as an Admin… treated the testing of a new Rule just like the old game show “Name that Tune?”

“I can make that rule successful in 4 test runs…”  (double points for an S3 pull)

“I can do it in 3 AND tokenize an obscure buried value”

If there were ever a “Gainsight Gauntlet Gameshow” (GGG or G3) this should be one of the challenges :) 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

It’s like Gainsight knows I need a little “pick-me-up” on a Friday morning … when reviewing Analyzer… to see if I’m being a good Admin :)