Solved

CTA to alert CSM we have no Main Point of Contact Identified

Hi All - I need some help!

I'm trying to find a way to notify our reps when we have an account that has no main point of contact idenfied in Salesforce/Gainsight. Our way of flagging these people is through a checkbox - and it's all manual. We have a number of organizations in that do not have at least one main point of contact checked as true on the account. Salesforce is pretty limited in it's ability to create reports or build a rollup summary field. So I thought Gainsight may have a solution for this tricky problem!

Why is this important? We trigger a number of our auto-emails to only send to the main account contact. When there is no individual identified, the auto-emails in JO do not send.

Looking forward to any suggestions or insights this community may have! Thanks!

Alison

icon

Best answer by darkknight 3 April 2019, 01:07

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I actually have a Rule in place for this. Originally, it was based on calculated fields in SFDC that was looking for specific contact roles (main contacts) but that broke a few weeks ago.

I'm going to be rebuilding the rule as we have the same situation with regards to Journey Orchestrator.

What I'm going to do is build a query of contacts and then calculate how many of the main contact roles each account has so that every account has a numeric value for main contacts, then filter for accounts that have less than 1 and have the CTA created for those accounts. Since it is possible that an account has zero contacts total, I'll likely have to merge in a list of all accounts to have a data point for all accounts and then use the filter.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
A CTA where the primary contact field is Null that alerts CSM's this value is needed? And then when creating your power list for JO or campaign, simply reverse this logic and only include accounts where this field is populated? Maybe I am missing something here?

We want to get ahead of there being no main account contacts identified. We cannot add the filter to exclude orgs without a main contact because they won't get important communications (ex. regarding their upcoming renewal). We need to have the checkbox updated on at least one contact as good practice from our company!

This sounds like a great solution - also a bit over my head. Could you send updates when you've modified the rule? Perhaps with a screenshot of some sort? I'm a visual learner!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
@alison_kaprielian Yes for sure. I can include my build. Let me know if you have a deadline for this soon and maybe we could have a call.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Create a rule that gathers all your accounts into TASK 1.

Create TASK 2 that gathers a COUNT_DISTINCT of contacts that have the Checkbox checked (similar to below)

Create a merge of TASK 1 to TASK 2, mapped to your Account ID (or whatever your unique identifier is) keeping ALL records associated with the LEFT task (Task 1)

Then in your CTA ACTION, include a filter that triggers a CTA if the field that contains the "Contact Count" is 0 OR NULL.

Hi Jeff - this looks great! Can you tell me a bit more about the Data Space - Contacts and Related Contacts? How are you using this in your organization? We do not have that data space arranged, but I'm wondering if there's value to be added by having that data arranged there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Do you use Salesforce “Related Contacts” feature? If not, you don’t need to worry about it. You would just use the Contact object in place of my Contacts and Related Contacts object.

Did you have a lot of errors? I've played around with the CTA filters:

1) Count = 0

2) Count = Null

3) Count = 0 OR Null

I keep getting failing rules. The rule was "successful" when Count = 0, but there were no records.

Help! Haha

Reason for Failure: Invalid Account ID.

I FIGURED IT OUT!

Thank you so much for your assistance! The issue was that the Account Lookup needed to be for the task that pulled all accounts - not the one that pulled Main Account Contact Counts.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I just set this up and tested in my QA environment and it worked fine:

TASK 1: This task gathers all the accounts you're wanting to include in your search. (You'll have to include the appropriate filters to identify your accounts based on your needs, as well as the ID field to whom you are going to assign the CTAs. Mine is Customer Info::CSM. I also relabeled ID to Account ID so it's easier to identify/map)

TASK 2: Gather the COUNT_DISTINCT of all the contacts that have the field flagged. (Use your field in place of the one I've used here, Executive Sponsor. I also relabeled the Contact field COUNT Contact ID)

Merge: Task 1 (left) Task 2 (right) mapped on Account ID. Retain all records from left dataset.

ACTION: Include the filter similar to below: COUNT = NULL

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Our comments crossed paths ????. Glad you figured it out!