Question

CTA status rule from Work in Progress back to New

• 23 August 2016
  • 8 replies

• 9 replies
My organization uses Gainsight somewhat differently but one of the main things we use is the rules engine for CTA's. When one of our CSM's calls on a CTA they would change the status to Closed successful if they were able to complete the action or change the status to Work in Progress. If the customer then completes the issue and the status is Work in Progress then the CSM will get credit for the CTA being closed, our issue now is that we have a lot of CTA's that are in the Work in Progress status.

Has anybody found a way to make a rule modify a CTA status back to New? The only options I am finding is create CTA and Close CTA.

8 replies

you are correct, there is not a way in rules engine to update any fields on the CTA object.  You can only create or close a CTA.  We have also run into this for multiple use cases in our organization. We need to have an enhancement to GS to allow for any to load to any GS object via the rules engine no matter whether it be a custom field or standard field on the GS object.  
Hi Mark,

You can update CTA/Task Owner, Status, Priority and Reason via Mass Edit functionality (Administration > Workflow > Mass Edit).

Please refer this article for more details.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Hi Kiersti,

Apart from CTAs and Tasks(you can update these via mass edit), what all Gainsight objects would you like to modify via rules engine?

Thanks,

Nitisha
That I do understand but we have items that need to updated on a consistent basis and Mass edit means we have to remember and build the filters each time.  We really should be able to update any of the Gainisght installed packages via rules engine like we can for the customer Info object but definitely need anything tied to a Success Plan and/or CTA.
Got it! Thanks for the inputs, Kiersti. We will work on improving this experience.
Got it! Thanks for the inputs, Kiersti. We will work on improving this experience.
Thanks Nitisha!  Appreciate you all looking at this and look forward to seeing this capability 🙂
Ya I am able to mass edit but its just an extra task I have to do ever few days which is why I would like to create a rule to handle the task.

Thank you for the info.

Mark