Question

Creating CTAs from a CSV

• 31 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Hello Gainsight Community,

I am trying to create 198 CTAs using a CSV. The CSV was exported via Gainsight reporting and has all of the usual fields (account ID, owner, account name, etc). I can’t recreate the same parameters I used to do the report because there are about 80 records that I had to get from another source (but they all have the same data/columns). The CSV is loaded into S3 and I’m able to pull the file into the rules engine, however, I am not able to trigger CTAs off of just that file. I tried adding another dataset pulling in account info from salesforce and merging the two together, however I’m getting zero results. Our CSM is on vacation, Gainsight support will not help me, and I have to get this configured by Friday morning...so in a bit of panic. Any help or insight is appreciated.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @ben_daniels - are you not getting the ability to create a CTA or are you able to, and then, the action is just producing no results?

Hi Heather! I’m not getting the ability to create a CTA even though I have account ID in my file. I tried doing a merge with some additional salesforce data, which then gives me the ability to create the CTA, but that produces no results (too broad of a net)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@ben_daniels are you on SFDC or NXT?  If you are on SFDC, check the bottom of your merge and make sure you are on the SFDC Acct ID that you pulled from the Account and not the file.  If you are on NXT, you’ll need the account GSID instead o the SFDC Acct ID.

@heather_hansenwe are on SFDC. The merge is currently setup to pull from the SFDC account ID, however, for some reason it’s adding an additional three characters at the end of each ID. Support is telling me that Gainsight uses the 18 digit account ID, not the 15 digit I export from salesforce, so not sure what to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@ben_daniels Ah.  Ok. So you’ll need to do a transform step before the merge to just grab the 15 characters for your merge. There should be a String formula that will let you do that. I believe you’ll still need to use the 18 as the source of your account ID for the CTA option. 

Badge +2

@ben_daniels  Is the issue resolved?