Question

Config Snapshot - Include all configuration

• 27 March 2018
  • 8 replies

I use the Config Snapshot feature frequently and it's a great start but isn't comprehensive.  For instance, I just did a snapshot for a customer and it only includes Custom Rules, Outreach, Power List, Objects List and Fields List.

Could this feature be enhanced to include these important elements as well?

- Bionic Rules

- Measures

- Scorecards

- Reports

- Dashboards

- UI Views

- CTA settings

- S3 data ingest jobs

Today I start with a snapshot and then have to assemble the missing pieces manually which takes quite a bit of time.

Thanks for your consideration!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Could have sworn this has been posted before because I commented on it, but can’t seem to find it. But yes this is a big need.
Aaron & Jeff-  Your suggestions are really good. Snapshotting the entire instance config and comparing period to period would be hugely helpful. This would work to capture change sets of configs.

I would let our Product mgmt friends to respond to this.
Yeah has there been any movement on this? Just getting Bionic Rules in there to start would be huge.
Badge +2
Hello all, I'm also looking to use the config snapshot to document our instance prior to making significant changes but I'm missing information such as the Scorecards 1.0 objects in my export. Looking forward to seeing this export more robust.
Thank you for the feedback everyone. I understand how important and valuable it can be to download the entire instance config. We will definitely look into this and I will update once it gets prioritized. 
Badge +3
Definitely after the Bionic Rules portion of this. Right now an audit of Rules Engine just seems like a very daunting task.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This is becoming less of a "nice to have" and more of a "must have" as a key tool in internal compliance and maintenance procedures.

Our IT team wants a complete breakdown of all the Salesforce fields we're leveraging and I cannot give them that without going through all the reports, rules, programs, etc manually and then keeping a manual document up to date.

This was once a great feature that was hugely valuable, now it's a dud.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Add Journey Programs to this list...

"once it gets prioritized" - is that going to be anytime soon @jitin_mehndiratta ? This has been an administrative pain point for a very long time: