Solved

Capture Current and Previous CSM

• 6 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
  • Team Captain
  • 30 replies

We are looking to capture current and previous CSM, as well as the date of current CSM Assignment. What is the most efficient way to do this? I saw posts about potentially leveraging an MDA object to track field history, but was curious if there’s another way, as this is very burdensome. 

icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 7 January 2021, 05:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@kcsp Unfortunately, that’s the only way I’ve found.  I basically created the fields for Previous CSM and change date, and then, wrote a rule to look for the change and populate accordingly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@kcsp Unfortunately, that’s the only way I’ve found.  I basically created the fields for Previous CSM and change date, and then, wrote a rule to look for the change and populate accordingly.

Essentially the same solution I’ve worked with before.There is a request on here to better enable field history which I suggest voting for and adding your use case comment so that their product team can prioritize it. Here’s the link @kcsp and @heather_hansen 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @kcsp if you wanted to capture the past CSM you’d have to create an object to track the history. Once you set up the object and the rule though, it’s quite easy and is automated. Your Gainsight CSM can assist you with more details on how to get this set up.

Hi all,

I am looking into doing something similar. Is the new Customer Journey Automated Milestone “CSM Updates” able to perform this function? Thank you.

Best,

Eric