Solved

Cannot Load Data into MDA Drop Down List via Rules Engine

• 29 November 2017
  • 10 replies

Badge
How do you suggest I automatically load data each day into the Multi Select Drop Down List within the MDA if the Rules Engine doesn't support it?

Open to suggestions other than doing it manually...each day...forever...

icon

Best answer by sai_ram 22 February 2018, 15:27

View original

10 replies

Badge
and exporting the data from a Report that was built off that MDA object won't work, because you cannot import data into a formula field - the mappings won't validate - which means i need to build a duplicate MDA object with fields that aren't formulas and THEN import the data. Way too time consuming, especially when management wants to be able to view these ad-hoc, which means i'm never allowed to leave my desk in case i'm needed to generate the report. 
Badge
Adding on to this as it seems like the most relevant post...

I'm trying to load to a single-option dropdown and can't do that either. I have a value being returned by the bionic rule of type String and I can't select the picklist as the target. Obviously I have ensured that the string values match the picklist values and I would expect any mismatch to fail.

Anyone solved for this?
Hi,

Multipicklist data type will be supported in Bionic Rules in the upcoming (Winter) release.

Regards,

Jitin
Badge
What source data types will be supported/accepted for multi- and single-option dropdowns at that time?
Hi Jeff,

Multiselect picklist and picklist data types both will be available in the Rule set up part.

In the actions, following mappings are supported:

1. Picklist to String

2. Multiselect Picklist to String

3. Picklist to Picklist 

4. MultiSelectpicklist to Multiselectpicklist

Regards,

Jitin
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi All, You can find all the above enhancements in our Winter Release. Our Winter Release notes is out,please refer this article. Thanks for sharing 🙂
Badge +1
I think there should be an option to populate Multi Select fields based on Text inputs and also an option to persist previously selected values, just Multi Select -> Multi Select may not solve all the use cases.
Badge +1
We would like to see further enhancements for this as well. We have customer data that is a multi-picklist in our product. Gainsight received the data as a string into the S3 bucket (.csv file) which is loaded into the MDA table as a string. We want to write this data to Salesforce into a multi-picklist but the rule fails leaving us no way to get back to a picklist. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Samantha,

If this is an important enhancement, I recommend adding it as a new Idea. This post was originally created as a Problem, and is now set to "Solved," so our PM team won't have good visibility into your suggestions moving forward. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi.

Recently I created a rule that will load the data to the Multi Picklist Datatype field.

You can refer to this link.