Question

Can we download a list of the rules created in the rules engine with their description?

Hi

I was wondering if we are able to download a list of all the active and inactive rules we have in the rules engine with their description and also the rule details.

Naquiyah

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Have you tried getting an export via dataloader.io? Looks like the table name might be JBCXM__AutomatedAlertRules__c  I see a "Description" field in it, but not a name field, which seems strange, so I might not have guessed the right table...
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi Naquiyah - Seth is spot-on with the Object name - you can actually get to it via Reports 2.0 and export from there.

Because the rule name itself is used as a 'system name' field, the name of the field with the rule name appears in Reports 2.0 as "RelatedId".  Not intuitive, but gets the name and the description for you.  

The "Status" field is true/false for Active/Inactive.

For rule details, however, there isn't much you can do at the moment - the actions are stored in another object entirely, and the filters/conditions are in a long string of JSON.  However, explore the fields- you can see next run date/last run date, etc. - there's a lot of useful info.  Hope that helps!
Userlevel 5
We are considering this in our roadmap. We have been thinking about a simpler format like a HTML file with all the required info that. One page would contain rule names and the clicking on that would take you to the details. 

Does this format look good or do you think CSV / Doc would help. Appreciate your input.
Badge +1
This would be hugely beneficial for us as well. Currently, we are having to update an excel document that outline the rule and the action take whenever updates are made. The ability to have an export that outlines the description, the actions that are taken, and the date/time/frequency that it runs would be great. Even better would be to include the playbook associated with it for CTA's 😉
I know this is a relatively old conversation but the number of rules in place for various teams is growing exponentially for me and the managers frequently want a list of current CTAs in place and the specifics of their scheduling.

I created the report referenced here and it really doesn't provide all of the information needed - for example, CTA Type, Reason and Priority would all also be really helpful in addition to the ability filter but active and inactive rules.

It would be so helpful it the capability existed to export directly from the rules engine page with advanced filters in place to drill down on specifics.

Does anyone have a solution in place to keep track of all of the rules in place that doesn't require manually updating a doc for teams to reference?
Userlevel 5
Did you try Config Snapshot feature. Let me know if that helps or you are looking for more.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Seems to me the Config Snapshot doesn't do the trick because it doesn't handle Bionic Rules. Given that all new rules must now be Bionic Rules, I'd really like to see the Config Snapshot keep up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Matt,

I hear ya, and there are more recent discussions on the need to update the Config Snapshot. I believe enhancements are planned, but I don't know the timeline.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
One of my established goals (upon which I will be measured come review time) is the documentation of our Gainsight environment. It's incredibly painful to create and maintain this by hand.

Config Snapshot is essentially useless at this point because it doesn't account for Bionic Rules or Journey Programs which is the meat of Gainsight config.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This reply was posted 3 years ago - but I just tried pulling data from the AutomatedAlertRules object and it doesn't contain any records.

BY chance is there any way to fetch Rule details via Read API or any other API?

Badge

This is an old post but I currently can’t see the AutomatedAlertRules object.

I was able to access Active rules info using Analyzer → Rules Analyzer → Scan → Rule Scan. From there I extracted the Rules list in Excel.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

That’s how I do it too @obarrette. The old way above was in the SFDC version. Not sure that it’s still possible.