Question

Best Practices for Testing a Survey before deploying

• 12 September 2016
  • 3 replies

Afternoon all - looking for some best practice guidance from the community on how you tested your survey process prior to launching...

Background: I've built my Support Survey in Gainsight, but because it will be based on a dynamic daily PowerList (customers whose support cases were closed yesterday), that means that my email template must live as a Salesforce Email Template.

Testing each element individually: 

• I can build my PowerList / Rule and run a report to validate that the correct 'Closed cases from yesterday' are being pulled in.
  • Via the 'Send Test and Verify Merge Fields' button in Salesforce, I can at least validate the content and look/feel of my email invitation, but as there are no values being passed for this test, I can't validate that the merge fields (e.g. Dear 'First Name' and 'Survey Link') will populate correctly. 
  • I can review my survey via Gainsight (all looking good!). 

How have others tested end to end all the pieces before deploying though?

At a minimum I want to see an invite come to me via a PowerList so I can validate the macros are populated correctly, that the survey link works and takes me to the right survey etc.

I could not see any help articles related to this, so am hoping someone can share how they were able to do a proper end-to-end validation / test prior to deployment.

Many thanks in advance!

Andy

3 replies

When I inquired on the same scenario (testing my merge fields, etc.), I was instructed to create a test account in Gainsight, add some contacts (me being one of them) and create a test powerlist to test email merge fields and the survey link. I have not successfully tested this method yet so not sure it works or will work. Good luck! If it works for you, let me know! 
We'll give that a go. Rather than creating a test account in Salesforce, we do have an account for our own company, so I've made sure I'm an associated contact and will try to set up a powerlist based on Account= Company and CMe to test with. 

Fingers crossed! 
Badge
Did either of you have any issues trying to Whitelist your email address domain?