Solved

Are you able to set different Grading Schemes (Banding) for different Measures using Scorecards?

• 26 June 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge
I have created a few measures that roll up to the overall Health Score for an account. However, each health score measure requires a different grading scheme, or banding of the metrics for the score to be the most effective for our CSMs. For example, in one measure a score below 33 would Red but for another measure the score would be Red if it was below 50. 

I did not see a way to change the grading scheme without it affecting all the measures. Is this possible? If so, I would love for some assistance on this! I can use either the old Scorecard or Scorecards 2.0. 

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 27 June 2018, 16:56

View original

7 replies

Hi Manmeet, 

It is not possible to change the definition of the grading scheme per measure.But you can add help text for each measure explaining what the color means. 

Which scorecard scheme are you using? (Is it numeric?)

It would be great if you can provide some more deails on the measures / how does the CSM set the score & whether the number of the score (30/50) is more important or the score label (i.e whether the measure is red/green).
Badge
Thanks for the reply!

I am using the numeric grading scheme. 

The calculated measures and their banding are coming directly from our Data Science team. They send me updated scores every month. However, the issue I am now facing with new measures that were implemented have different banding. So for one of the new ones, a score below 33 is 'Red' while for the other measure if the score is below 50 its a 'Red'. 

These are all automated measures that roll up to our overall health score which had the original grading scheme. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Manmeet, I'm curious as to some of the examples where you'd want a score value to be Red in one instance but the same score show as Yellow or Green on another measure. Can you provide an example or two?
Badge
Yeah of course, happy to elaborate! This was based on recommendation from our Data Science team. For example, they just operationalized 2 new health measures - "Utilization" and "Engagement". These take in different data models and the banding was different for them. 

For Utilization score, < 33 = Red, <

50 = Yellow, otherwise Green

For the Engagement score, < 50 = Red, <

75 = Yellow, otherwise Green

Ideally, using different banding is preferable as the scores will be distributed differently per measure. So a 'passing' grade on one measure doesn't necessarily mean it will match up to the other measures.

I don't think it will be a huge deal, as they should be able to re-run the models so that we can just use a standardized grading scheme which will just require a bit more work on their end. Just thought it was interesting that this hasn't come up before!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Thanks for providing the example. 

I think your recommendation to have the data science team adjust the models to work with a standardized grading scheme would be best. That way, there's no confusion with your team trying to understand why a score of 40 is red with one measure but yellow with another. Keeping it standardized and simple is best.

I need something similar but not even at the measure level - at the scorecard level.  We have three different scorecards with different measures and weights.  And we would like the grading scheme for R Y G to be different for each scorecard but seems as though you can only set once for all scorecards?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @heather_landgraf That’s correct; you can only have one grading scheme for all of your scorecards. If you’d like to make this a feature request, please let me know and we can fork your comment into a new Idea post.