Solved

Are there any other Gainsight Admin Certification prep materials aside from the training videos?

Badge
Hi all,

I am prepping to take the Gainsight Admin exam. I was wondering if there are any other exam prep materials out there aside from the training videos? Anyone else who took the exam have any helpful tips?

Thanks!

Joe

icon

Best answer by elaine_cleary 5 October 2019, 21:01

View original

14 replies

Badge
I thought there was a practice exam, but I could be thinking of the SFDC admin cert which provides a test exam for $20.

Just looking through my emails about the certification and I don't see anything linked besides the CSU admin courses.

I would love for there to be a practice exam to get a feel for the questions though!

Badge +1
Joe,

I used the videos and the documents attached to the videos to refresh my knoweldge on certain areas I didn't use frequently before taking the exam and I passed. I would say that if you are comfortable as an admin in GainSight you should be able to pass the exam.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
The questions that accompany the courses are fairly reflective of the type you will encounter. There are also some situational questions similar to most technical certifications.

I would HIGHLY recommend NOT excluding any sections of the training even if your company does not use them, as that was my downfall 🙂 If you have properly completed the labs against your demo org for all courses, and have had to deal with a few "real world gotchya's" and maybe 3-6 months hands-on should suffice.

Oh, and know your Journey Orchestrator shapes! @evan_luberda

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Very valid question, and wanted to at least make sure you'd seen the FAQs! :-)

Badge
Joe,

I just saw this post on Communities that seems to be relevant and what you are looking for.

https://community.gainsight.com/conversations/new-gainsight-administrator-training-docs-available-5bc73e0ae4b04588aaf85e27

Badge
Thanks Manmeet!

Badge
Thanks Marcelo!

Badge
I did! Thank you Seth!

Badge
Thanks Keith!

Badge
@manmeet_dosanjh @marcelo @keith_mattes can any of you tell me the max number of task input and output in a bionic rule? These were two questions on the exam that I am unable to find the answer.

Badge
Hi Martha,

Apologies on the delayed response here! Didn't quite read the email clearly and didn't realize there was a question.

Anyways, you can find the Bionic Rule limitations here: https://support.gainsight.com/Rules_Engine/Admin_Guides/Bionic_Rules_-_Prerequisite_Knowledge_and_Limitations

Looks like the max number of tasks allowed is 15 for input and 60 actions allowed for output

Badge +2
Hi all, I am also looking for more prep materials. Also wondering, does the exam focus on NXT or Salesforce or both?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Melissa, Redirecting this to our Eduction Services for better help!

@elaine_cleary and @tzundelgainsightcom

Userlevel 6
The current certification exam is based on Gainsight Salesforce Edition. And the best prep is the online courses mentioned at Gainsight University here: https://education.gainsight.com/gainsight-certification/315940 As previously mentioned, there's some other general info that may be helpful in the FAQs.