Solved

Are scorecard exceptions evaluated in real-time or only via rules

• 22 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m thinking about adding an exception criteria to my health score. Here’s what I’m thinking:

• We use rules engine to create a calculated health score
  • We have a manual measure called “CSM Sentiment” 
  • If the CSM Sentiment is not null, then overall health = csm sentiment. If CSM sentiment is null, then overall health = calculated health score

I’m essentially giving the CSM the ability to override the calulcated score. If I set up the validation critiera, when is the overall score updated? Does the system evaluate the exception in real-time, changing the overall score OR does the system wait until the next rules engine job?

icon

Best answer by matthew_lind 22 April 2021, 22:35

@jpmehlhaff - Nice thinking. I implemented something quite similar a few years back, giving the CSM’s an exception that overrides our more analytics-based scoring.

In my experience, the Overall Score changes in real-time anytime the exception criteria is met (or unmet, as the case may be). I recall this being a hit with my CS team because their inputs replicated in real-time to C360, Reports/Dashboards, etc and there was no “wait to see that update reflected tomorrow” behavior.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@jpmehlhaff - Nice thinking. I implemented something quite similar a few years back, giving the CSM’s an exception that overrides our more analytics-based scoring.

In my experience, the Overall Score changes in real-time anytime the exception criteria is met (or unmet, as the case may be). I recall this being a hit with my CS team because their inputs replicated in real-time to C360, Reports/Dashboards, etc and there was no “wait to see that update reflected tomorrow” behavior.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@matthew_lind Thank you for the response, and it sounds like the override happens in real-time, which is awesome!

Userlevel 5

@jpmehlhaff Exception calculation does indeed happen real-time - just wanted to confirm this to you.

Regards,

Shantan