Question

Anytype Field as Action Criteria

• 18 July 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi All,

I have some rules based on history objects. New Value is the criteria for the actions.

Today, I noticed that the criterias are no longer exist, they disappeared.

I'm trying to add them back but this is not possible through the UI.

Was there any change with this type of field?

I know this is not supported as filter but it was supported as action criteria until now.

Thank you,

Aviv.

5 replies

Hi Aviv,

We are limiting any type from adding into filters. This change was done as part of addressing one of the customer issues.
Thanks Srinivas!

Which issue does that solve ?

Also, now I'm having issues as we have some rules with New Value as the filter..

You are not going to supprt that at all?

Thanks,

Aviv.
We do support any type in transformation task. Below is a screenshot of the same! New 

We disabled the in regular task because rule filter will fail when it is fetching from SFDC for in appropriate values.

In Action criteria, we disabled it for similar reason. However, if you are using any type in transformation task and then if you come into action screen you will be able to use the any type filter in action criteria.
Thanks Srinivas! I'll take a look.
Badge +1
I would like to understand more how the decision was made to make this change. We have existing rules and are planning to execute additional rules based on history tracking objects in SFDC and this has essentially 'broken' the existing rules. While you mention a 'fix' in the above, this requires a lot of re-work on our end to move the rule to a Bionic rule. 

I would assume that there is some sort of review during testing to determine the level of impact of a change and ideally, a communication to customers who would be impacted by it. 

Please provide additional context as to what drove the decision to make a change and what was done to determine how this affects other customers.